Chapter 3: Mysterious Raven

Yukiko stares at Hinata. She then looks towards the direction of his outstretched arm. There she sees a tall, mysterious boy with black hair. Black as a raven's. Her interest is peaked. Just who is this boy? And why is Hinata acting up at the sight of him? This was the first time she'd seen him without that dumb smile of his.

"It can't be. It's gotta be a look alike. Ya that's what it is," he whispers to her, "NOPE that is definitely Kageyama Tobio!"
"Who now?" she asks, confused.

"I met you last year...But I don't know your name," the boy says. Although I do remember what he was like. He had amazing physical ability, but it was all put to waste.

"M-my name is Hinata Shoyo! You probably don't remember the team you beat in the first round!" Hinata shouts.

"I remember you very well. You were lousy," Kageyama retorts.

"Don't make fun of me! Sure, you beat me last year, but I promised myself that I'd do better and one day beat you! So what are you doing here!? Shouldn't you be at some elite school with amazing volleyball players?"

"Both of you, shut up!" Yukiko shouts. "It's already annoying enough that I have no clue what's going on, and now you guys are shouting at each other? This is driving me crazy." She pauses, before looking at Hinata. She looks at him with a cold eye, and points at him, accusingly, and says, "Hinata. I thought you brought me here to join the volleyball club. I did not come here to watch you have some pointless argument with this black-haired idiot."

Kageyama stares intensely at Yukiko, his gaze is even colder than before.

"I'm so sorry, Kamitani-san. I didn't mean to waste your time, or hurt your feelings! I was just shocked to see a former opponent of mine at the same school! Ah, but he's still my opponent, nevertheless."

"What's her problem," Kageyama sneers. His voice pierces through both Hinata and Yukiko. This only annoys her further.

"Ha...ha ha...My problem? What's your problem? If you've got a problem, then say it!" She walks up to Kageyama, and grabs hold of his collar, grip tightening with every second gone by. "Say it before I beat your ass! Just like my mom does to me every-"

"Kamitani-san, stop! Please, don't do this," Hinata shouts," I might dislike him, but I don't hate him this much! And you'll get in trouble if someone sees!"

"You may not hate him as much, but I do."

Kageyama smirks. "Who said I was scared of you?"

"Try me," she shouts, "TRY ME!"

The sound of distant voices and footsteps approach. Yukiko releases Kageyama's collar.

"I'll let you go this time," Yukiko growls. Kageyama scoffs.

Three tall highschoolers walk into the gym. The one in the middle has short brown hair, and is the tallest of the bunch. To his right, a bald guy stands, making weird faces at the three first-years, and to his left, a kind boy with grey hair smiles at the three.

"We heard a racket in here, so we decided to check it out. Is everything alright?" the middle one asks.