1. e n t r é e

수호 (SUHO) X 장재인- 'Dinner' 

                 Her eyes sighed as she looked around the dim lit blue-hued restaurant with a familiar jazz music playing the background. She knew she looked like a damsel in need of rescue, sitting all alone and melancholy filled, in the two-seaters of the poshest restaurant in the city, the light of the thousand skyscrapers faintly illuminating her silhouette of petite figure donned in the little maroon dress.

Tick tick, the sound coming from her gold pink Rolex made her anxious and yet paradoxically bored to death. Her red tainted lips were caught in between the pearls of white, and her very pale skin flushed a similar shade. Slender fingers wrapped around the wine glass as she brought it near her nose and the smell intoxicated her of a temporary oblivion.

'A Warren. That's why.'

The waiter with the funny mustache came the second time around asking if the wine had to be refilled. She looked at the glass with not a single drop less, she smiled slightly at the waiter's excuse to rescue this damsel.

She shook her head so slowly, that not even a strand of her waist-length brunette was misplaced. The waiter with the funny mustache smiled with embarrassment and left her alone.

He had said he would be here at 8.

A glance at the glossy dial.

It's 9:15. No wonder the waiter wanted to refill the wine.

With her pointed chin rested on her palm on the table, she sighed aloud.

'Why him, papa?'

'A Warren. That's why.'

She smoothed down her velvet skirt for the fourth time. Waiting was nothing new to her. She had waited her whole life. But now, she couldn't help with her drooping eyelids. A silent yawn escaped her lips which she didn't bother to cover, unlike the other times. Her transparent contacts over the grey-blue iris was now really dry and it made her lids tired.

Another glance.

9:35

Slowly the jazz music blended out and her head dropped. Unconsciously she lifted it back straight. But then her back arched more and her head moved back.

Waiting and sleep were never a good combination.

Her head felt light and soon found a comfortable pillow to rest on. She fell asleep.

Only that, it was on the silk laced shoulder of a man seated behind her. 

  ₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪  

When he laid his eyes on her closed ones, he was hit with a cold wind. He had felt a lightweight on his right shoulder all of a sudden and impulsively turned to find himself in the close proximity of a sleeping girl. Her pink shadow glittered up close and he could fell her even breathing against his neck. As much as he wouldn't have wanted, reflex got him to quickly stand up letting her sleeping head jerk down.

With eyes wides and the chair screeching, he immediately caught her from tripping.

She gasped. Eyes were opened now and they stared at him. A disoriented stare. He helped her sit back and found her cheeks velvet, spreading to the ear tips.