4. s a l a d

Jane Jang(장재인), SUHO(수호) _ Do you have a moment(실례해도 될까요)

Yes, he was indeed correct. That fool had no bullet in his gun. The burglar groaned in pain holding his hands over his groin.

He staggered back in relief, knowing that he was alive. He looked at her donning the same relief as his. He quickly jumped over to the bench and pulled her with him.

They ran as fast as their legs could carry them toward thr entrance gate. They still ran further until they were back among people and safety.

They stopped to catch their breath, she leaning against the glass windows of a pub and him balancing his haunched back with a hand on the glass, rested very close to her face. It looked like the cliché guy traps girl on the wall scenario, only  that both of them had just run for their life, having escaped death.

'God!' He exclaimed gulping in a huge breath and stood straighter, closer to her. 'Never ever.' She shook her head looking up at the sky. A few moments passed by for both of them to return back to normal, when both of them realized how close and in an uncompromisable position they were.

Both refused to point it out, reasoning they just faced a life or death moment.

She felt his breath on her nose and caught a whiff of coke. She shut her eyes and then opened it to find his staring right at hers. This close she finally realized his eyes were a warm chocolate brown that bordered with freshly brewed coffee. His pupils dilated and she couldn't say the reason. Her eyes trailed down to a high nose and probably the softest, whitest skin she had laid eyes on.

She found herself admiring how painted his jawline looked and his sneaky stubbles.

She trailed down to his lips and quickly looked up to his eyes not even registering their colour. He had an expression of tease and amusement. He smiled and leaned closer that only if she moved an inch further their noses would collide.

His smile grew into a grin and she found herself smiling subtly.

'You know, I never caught your name?' He said.

'What?'

'Your name.'

He saw her look confused as if she had forgotten her own name. She sighed and pushed him away by placing a palm on his chest.

With a proper distance between, he found himself able to breathe again.

'I never caught yours either'. She smugly retorted.

He chuckled scratching his nose bridge.

He inhaled and made his back straighter. His face morphed into a pleasant smile and he extended his hand, 'Parker'.

She seemed satisfied with the name for she nodded with approval and returned the handshake, 'Suzy'.

Suzy. He kept toiling around the name. Suzy.

The pub light from the window accentuated her features. Suzy. Her brunette tresses were spread from the run giving her a halo around and the flushed face with the now natural pink lips looked angelic. Suzy. But her silver irises told a different story. Laced with thin eyelashes and a smooth eyebrow they screamed of an enigmatic seduction.

Suzy.

'Earth to Parker.' She sang song.

And his name in her timid rabbit voice now louder and stronger, made a somersault in his stomach.