2. r e l e v é s

수지(Suzy), 백현(BAEKHYUN) - Dream

'So do you.'

He nodded and then with a sigh he added, 'What now?'

Confusion crossed her grey eyes. 'Go home I guess.'

He shrugged and looked around. She was almost sure that he would turn to go back to the restaurant and wait for his date or maybe leave just like her.But she didn't want that. Now finding herself an accomplice, she felt a need to not let him go. So she asked the first thing that popped into her head, 'Why did you come outside?'

Pink painted his visibly smooth cheeks and his mouth opened and closed each time only mumbling an 'umm'.

She found it comical and let out a small giggle. Sensing she wasn't that serious, he smiled.

'I don't know. Saw your purse on the table and thought of giving it you but the waiter beat me into it.'

'Oh.'

'I guess the waiter was trying to make an impression', he teased with a boyish grin.

She shuddered at the thought and shook her head. Before she could stop the words, she asked, 'What you are going to do now?'

That was a question. The question. What was he going to do now? Wait for the never turning up date or not?

He scratched his chin in thought and when his eyes caught the girl's curious gaze, he got an idea.

'I mean I should be waiting, but why would I want to waste a night like this?'

'Huh?' She shuffled from one foot to the other, the heels were killing her.

'I think I will leave.'

Her face fell with a hidden sadness.

'Maybe roam around the city. It's beautiful at night.'

The way he said beautiful with that dazed look was so tempting. And she just so wanted to know what was so beautiful about it. She had never roamed the city at night, not even in daylight. She was always chaperoned. And that too to balls and galas. And vacationing with friends was out of the question given her introvert nature. But just this one night when she was tired of waiting and sick of being stood up, she wanted to be free. To roam the city.

When he saw the happiness tinged with sadness in her eyes and ghost of a smile on her lips, he knew she too wanted the same as him.

But did she want to do that with him?

He was nervous to even ask that. Normally he was a confident chap who spoke his mind but asking a girl clearly of an upper status probably a daughter of an influential businessman to roam with him, a stranger, all alone was nerve wrecking. But he wanted to. So badly wanted to know what kind of company she was and truth told he was not ready to leave her yet. But-

'Can I join you?' She asked.

He realized she had asked it. He visibly let out a huge breath and laughed.

God, she had made a fool of herself again. Of course, he would laugh. She was brazen enough to ask a man if he wanted to spend the night with her. Putting it that way did sound bad. But maybe because she looked small and fragile he didn't think she would be a good company. Frustration piled up. Why would she do that!