Chapter 2: His Name

Lee Suji

"See you tomorrow Suji!" Euna Kim waved at Suji with a big smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow too!" Suji replied and waved at Euna Kim, too, with a smile.

Euna Kim's apartment was not far away from The Unit School, so she could easily walk there by herself. On the other hand, Suji had to take the public bus to school. She was of the few students that took the bus and she definitely was hoping that the moron didn't take the same bus as her.

Sitting on the bench, Suji was bored and didn't know what to do. She wanted to immediately just walk home, but it'd take a thirty in a half minute to get there. Suji didn't know what to do. Ever since she met the guy, he's been stuck in her mind all the time.

She just wanted to get rid of him.

When a green bus that read 9937 pulled up in front of the his stop, Suji got on. In the third row on the right side, there was an empty seat. She got on the empty seat and saw an old woman standing a few inches away from her. Feeling bad, she stood up and walked up to the woman.

"Miss," she stuttered. "There's an empty seat over here." Suji said. "I'd wish for you to sit on it."

The woman smiled.

"Aww~," she said with an old tone. "You're such a sweet child."

Suji could only smile.

She guided the old woman to the seat and as the woman sat down, her smile disappeared. Suji wondered why, but she could see the woman start to cry.

"What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"My granddaughter use to always do this for me, but now she's gone." the old woman with her bag cried. Suji felt sympathy. She searched in her backpack for a tissue and luckily found one.

"Don't cry," she told. "I'm sure she would still do this for you. Even if she became old. You're still her favorite grandmother."

Suji tried to hold in her tears. She felt just as bad as the woman. When the woman stopped crying, Suji made her leave. She had to stand up, but felt most uncomfortable as she heard stories about woman being molested on a bus.

She gulped as a hand touched her back. Suji didn't know whose hand it was and stepped farther away, but it just kept going on.

She didn't know what to do. Suji mustered up the courage to turn around and slap the man but just then, she heard a harsh slap.

Suji didn't want to turn around.

"What are you doing?" the familiar voice.

It was him. The man Suji never wanted to encounter, but... he saved her life.

Suji turned around to see the same tall man from school. He was standing next to Suji as he held onto her wrist and lift it in the air. Not too high and not too low.

"Don't touch my girl." he spoke coldly.

Suji's cheeks turned pink. Your girl? she thought.