Chapter 9: Last Moments

Lee Suji

Is it wrong that Suji wanted Chan to kiss her?

Suji ruffled her hair as she sat down on her chair in her bedroom. She couldn't help but think of Chan.

Chan.

Chan.

Chan.

Stop it.

Suji couldn't take it. She couldn't help herself. No one could help her. She fell into the world of love and fell madly in love with Chan.

She wanted happiness for her and Chan. Happiness. That was all she wanted. No one could grant it for her though. No one. Absolutely no one.

She stayed in her room for most of the night. Suji couldn't close her eyes and couldn't fall asleep. She tried to make herself tired by doing push ups, walking around her room, reading stories, and counting. None of them worked. Suji couldn't sleep at all.

She laid her head on the wooden desk and closed her eyes. "Sleep," she mumbled to herself. "Just sleep."

When Suji had finally fallen asleep, she was immediately awoken by knocking on the front door. Suji looked at the clock in her room. It was 2:34. Who would be here at this time?

Suji didn't dare to open the door. Instead, she got up from her chair and laid herself on her bed. She stared at the ceiling. Whiteness was looking back at her.

Suji closed her eyes and pulled her blankets over her body. She closed her eyes again. "Sleep." she mumbled.

She tried hard to calm herself down. After a full fifteen minutes, Suji was able to knock out. She slept comfortably. It felt like she was sleeping for a long time when she was awoken by someone calling her name, "Suji-ah."

She stared at the person through squinted eyes. There was a figure next to her bed. All she could see was their middle area. The figure was wearing a black jacket over a black sweater and black jeans.

When her eyes were able to be wide open, she looked at the face. Chan...

Was she just dreaming? Was Chan really in front of her? Or was this just a doppelgänger?

"Chan..." Suji muttered.

Chan kneeled down close to Suji. "You're late to class."

"I am..?" Suji questioned tiredly. Chan nodded. "What happened yesterday?"

"Yesterday, you didn't attend class either." Chan told her.

Suji just nodded. "I don't really intend on going to class anymore."

"You should," Chan told her. "You won't graduate if you leave. Work hard and study."

"You sound like my mom." Suji let out a tiny chuckle.

Chan smiled and touched Suji's cheeks.

"Why are you here anyway?" Suji asked still letting Chan touch her cheeks.

"I'm here for you," Chan said. "I just miss you."

"I miss you too," Suji replied with a smile. "even if I just saw you yesterday." Chan just smiled. "How'd you get in here anyway?"

"Your door wasn't locked." Chan explained.

Suji just gave a tiny smile. She couldn't hide her excitement.

Chan moved his hand to her forehead. "Your forehead is burning. Are you sick?"

"I think I am," Suji said as her smile faded. "I was crying in the rain for a pretty long time."

"You shoudn't cry in the rain," Chan told Suji. "You'll get sick."

"I won't." Suji denied.

"You already are sick." Chan said.

Suji chuckled.

Chan just smiled at Suji. Suji's heart felt warm. She couldn't hide how happy she was to see Chan and his warm smile. She didn't care about what would happen in the future. All she wanted was– to graduate The Unit School, hang out with her friends, be Chan's girlfriend, and be his only one. She wanted so much. So much that she felt so guilty.

Even if Chan broke into her house, Suji thought it was all for a good reason. She wanted to see him and he wanted to see her.

Could this get any better?

Kang Yuchan

Suji yawned. "I'm tired," she said. "I want to go back to sleep."

Chan just smiled at Suji and said in a calm and soothing voice, "Go ahead and sleep then."

Suji laid flat on her bed and closed her eyes. She was so beautiful that even the goddess of love would be envious of her.

Before five minutes passed, Suji knocked out. She held tightly onto her blankets like she was having a bad dream.

Chan stood up and hovered half of his body over Suji. He crawled his right hand under Suji's head and pulled it up close to his face. Then he put his left hand over Suji's mouth and gently planted a kiss on it.

He was going to spend his last moments with Suji.

~ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦~

chanji_09 has published the ninth chapter of "Golden Romance" called "Last Moments."

Here you guys go. The moment you guys were portably waiting for. The moment where Chan kisses Suji. Well, not really.

I hope that you guys enjoyed his chapter and I realized how fast this story is going.

Talking about realization, I also realized that this story has hit 1K reads. Thank you so much!

Wow, I must be addicted to this story. Anyway, thank you for reading and please vote and comment. Thank you!

TBC