Chapter 5: His New Smile

Lee Suji

Suji stared out the window. She couldn't think of anything but the date yesterday. She wanted Chan to be just as happy as she was.

Though it would never happen, Suji just wished to have seen his warm smile last night. Everything felt messy. Suji didn't feel like Chan loved her. She didn't want Chan to take over her. She didn't want the so called, love to take over her.

"Suji," she turned around to see Euna Kim. "Can we talk?"

Suji knew the conversation wouldn't be a happy one because of the expression Euna Kim was giving.

Suji walked toward Euna Kim. They were in a dark corner where no one would find the two.

"What?" Suji asked. She wanted to hear what Euna had to say, but she didn't want to miss class either.

"Hey," the older female said. "You hung out with that guy yesterday, didn't you?" Suji nodded, still, she didn't know what was wrong.

"Can you please tell me what's going on?" Suji questioned. "If I'm related to it, then I have to know."

"Well," Euna Kim started. "Actually I just so happened to hear what the staff members were talking about. It related to both you and and that guy."

"Chan." Suji told her.

"Okay," Euna Kim responded. "Well, actually a staff member caught the two of you guys together

"What I heard was that the staff member was at the amusement park with his child because he desperately wanted to go, but he ended up seeing you and Chan together. He spotted you two on the Ferris wheel

"It wasn't long before he started to follow you guys. He sort of found out that you two were a thing," Suji couldn't hide her sadness. She knew that something bad was waiting for her.

"Just this morning, he told the other staff members to keep a close eye on you and Chan. They said that if the two of you guys interacted in a way and got in trouble than being expelled is the only way out."

Suji almost wanted to just cry, but she didn't want to stop meeting Chan. This was it. She was going to let love get the best of her.

"Is there a way out of this?" Suji asked.

"I don't know," Euna Kim replied, but her next words made Suji lose confidence. "You should just stop meeting him, if you don't want to leave this elite school. If I were you, I'd choose what means more to me. The guy I keep meeting up with or an elite school that will give me a lot of education."

Suji was loss for words. Euna Kim was right. It's Chan or this school, but of course her answer wouldn't be surprising.

Euna Kim started to walk off as Suji followed. She went to her class and it was just so hard for her to listen. Her mind rushed with thoughts. She almost felt like she could collapse at any moment.

Suji did her work as told, but couldn't look at anyone in the eye. When she looked down at her paper, she could feel eyes on her.

She felt like people also knew about her and Chan. She hated it. Suji just wanted their friendship to be a secret. Why did the staff have to get the nosy?

Kang Yuchan

"Hey Chan!" Junyoung said. Chan turned around and saw Junyoung waking toward him.

"What?" Chan said.

"Is it true that you're hanging out with Suji?" Junyoung asked. Chan tilted his head.

"Who you told you this?" Chan questioned.

"Came across it." Junyoung answered.

"What!" Chan almost screamed.

"You didn't know?" Jinyoung said. "It's the talk of the school right now. It spread throughout really fast."

Chan's jaw dropped. He almost felt sick to the stomach.

"Everyone?"

"Everyone."

"You're telling me that everyone found out?" Chan repeated. Junyoung could only nod. "Is my forehead burning?"

Junyoung felt his forehead. "No."

"You have to be telling me a lie," Chan said in disbelief. "Just how did everyone find out?"

"Teachers were talking about it." the older boy said. Chan was speechless. "Almost everyone heard about it."

"Stop rubbing stuff into my face!" Chan said ashamed.

"Well anyway, I'd rather hurry and get out of this." Junyoung said.

❦ ❦ ❦

"Chan!" Suji called. There was a tiny smile on her face. "I'm sure you probably heard about the sudden news." Chan nodded. "Yeah, I'm sorry for getting in the way."

"No," Chan denied. "It's my fault anyway. No worries."

"Are you okay?" Suji asked concerned.

Chan didn't know what to do. He faked a ankle, of course.

"I'm fine!" he told her.

Suji smiled back. "I'm glad to hear that."

"Yeah," Chan's same dull face appeared again. "I'm fine."

"You don't look like you're fine." Suji commented. "Are you sure?"

Chan looked down. He was feeling guilty. Not because of the sudden news, but because of regret he was holding onto.

Before Chan knew it, he pulled Suji into a hug. "I'm fine." he told her.

The same dull face of his would not leave. He was feeling regretful.

~ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦ ❦~

chanji_09 has publishes the fifth chapter of "Golden Romance" called, "His New Smile."

This was a pretty short chapter, but I tried to update for my readers. I hope you guys had other stories to read while I wasn't posting.

But, still. Chan is still giving off his dull face. How odd of him.

Anyway, I hope you guys will support me and continue to raise me up. With all your guys support I feel good about this story. Thank you!

❦TBC❦