Chapter Three: Raymond

With his head held high, Raymond maneuvered his way through the crowded halls and to his next classroom

He could hear his name being called from somewhere down the hall but he didn't stop and instead tried to make his way to his class. That was all he cared about at this moment, his class. With walls built so high up and security as tight as armor, Raymond decided that it was best that he forgot about his so called friends.

The ones that had caused his life to go downhill. But Raymond put up a front for them. He smiled and laughed and joked around as they got high and blamed it on their 'messed up lives' he chuckled bitterly to himself.

Their so called 'messed up lives' was the biggest joke of the year. Their lives were perfect. There was nothing wrong with them. They had food on the table, clean clothes to wear every day, money to buy whatever they wanted and mostly a family to come home to whereas Raymond had non of that.

He had a dysfunctional family that became even more dysfunctional when his pot head of a best friend blamed his ass for all of the illegal drugs they bought off of some junky in a parking lot. He sighed.

They were always so stupid, never meeting his IQ level even when they were drunk. It was like they took everything for granted.

"Good morning class. Today I have an experience planned for World War I, now for the last two months I've heard that you guys have a big project coming up involving weapons and gases used in World War One. Today I will show you ways to remake those gases as an example and not in a harmful way" a bitter smile creeped onto Raymond's face. If anything, he'd like for the gases to be real and harmful. Then it could hurt every selfish and stupid student that accompanied him to class and possibly even the school.

Everyone in this school was fake. Their money deceived them into thinking they were celebrities and could do whatever they wanted to whomever they wanted.

The rest of the class period was spent in deep thought. Raymond wondered if he should skip the rest of the day and go home or stay here and deal with his friends. He knew that if he skipped, he might not want to go home. He sighed.

"Raymond!" Called out one of his friends, James. He was a tall and slightly bulky guy standing at 6'5 with midnight black hair, pale skin and a light sheet of freckles covering his upper nose and cheeks.

James was only an inch or two taller than Raymond who stood at 6'3 with black hair, tan skin and a bulky body wrapped in black jeans, a white shirt and a black leather jacket.

"What" Raymond almost snapped, he had to bite back the part of him that wanted nothing more than to choke his 'best friend.' "Where are you going!? I've been calling you since second period, are you avoiding me?" Raymond scoffed "avoiding would be an understatement" he muttered under his breath.

"No" he replied just as bitterly as his first words.

James sighed and began to whine "oh come on!" He groaned "you can't seriously still be mad at me for blaming the drugs on you!" He exclaimed. Raymond's eyebrows furrowed in anger "really?" He raised an eyebrow "became I'd say ten days in jail and two months of community service gives me the right too. They found ten thousand dollars worth of drugs on you stupid, inconsiderate fuckup!" James frowned, his lips turning into a thin line.

"Man you don't have to be that rude. It's bad enough I feel guilty that I got you into this mess but I don't need you making it worse!" Raymond only laughed at his idiot of a best friend. Raymond was making it worse? Raymond should be the one who says those words. Because of James and his group of junkies Raymond is going to lose his fully paid scholarship to Harvard and he may even be kicked out of this school due to him being poor and everything being paid by his scholarships. Drugs and felonises were a big no-no on his contract and he already broke one rule.

"You know what man" Raymond mocked his best friend "FUCK YOU!" His hands curled up into his as he let his anger one. "because of you I'm losing my ride to college, because of you I can't fucking put food on the goddamn table for my little sister. BECAUSE OF YOU I'LL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THE FUCK I'M GOING TO DO ABOUT COLLEGE! It's your fault, James. You are the cause of everything so go fuck yourself you stupid, inconsiderate jerk!" Throwing a punch at James, Raymond heard the sickening crack of his nose breaking.

When Raymond had felt like he had done enough, he turned on his heels and headed out the school. He ignored James calling after him and he ignored the way that everyone looked, pointed and whispered about him.

His secrete was out. He didn't have enough money to get into this school all by himself so he had to work overtime just to get a scholarship that only picked seven out of thirteen million people that wanted to get in from all over the world. Yes, he lived off of scholarships and he was proud of it. His IQ was higher than a fully grown and experienced professor at one of the best schools in the world.

Pushing open the school doors, Raymond walked around the corner and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. This was perfectly legal for him, he was eighteen years old and had bought them for emergencies like this. It was only to calm him down, not get high off of.

————————————

As the day went on Raymond stayed standing outside the school and watching as kids skipped, cars past and birds went on with their day. Raymond made no move to walk home nor did he want to. After his school ends for the day he'd have to go pick up his baby sister and find a way to afford some food for them.

Raymond knew his mother wouldn't help nor would his selfish father so Raymond was the soul provider.

Bing Bing Bing.

The school bell rang letting out the hundreds upon hundreds of students dressed in the most expensive clothes. Though Raymond didn't care about them, his eyes instead looked at the one girl who didn't wear perfectly fitted clothes. Nor did she wear anything bright and colorful either.

That girl was Anya Snark, someone who he had seen many times being picked on or beaten up by bullies at his school. Raymond had always wanted to intervene and stop them but instead he had always turned the other way and ignored it. But not anymore, he thought to himself. Raymond would do the right thing no matter what.

So with that thought in mind, Raymond threw down his fifth cigarette, stepped on it and headed to pick up his sister.

——————————————

Author's Note:

So original Raymond was suppose to have social anxiety but I didn't no how to incorporate that into this book so that it made more sense so instead I decided to make him have issues both at home and at school.

Raymond is a good kid but he is constantly being blamed for stuff that he didn't do. He's worked hard for most of his life and now, after being blamed for his friends drugs, he's going to have to deal with losing his job, not having enough money to put food on the table. Losing his scholarship — both his scholarship for his high school and college.

Anyways, Vote if you like, Comment if you want and don't forget to Add this to your Library so that you don't miss out on updates and more books!!!

Rewritten: October 13th 2018