Chapter Eight: They All Come Together

A rhythmic beat filled the silent air, another beat following soon after as the suns midday glare seeped through the large library windows

A rhythmic beat filled the silent air, another beat following soon after as the suns midday glare seeped through the large library windows. The beat that was heard matched the rubber beat taps that were made by Jackson. He glanced over at Max who tapped his tennis shoes together to follow along with Jackson's beat.

Both males, like everyone else in detention, were bored out of their minds but they were lucky enough as to not go home. It gave them all an excuse to not see their parents for the next hour and a half. Raymond groaned, he wasn't suppose to be in detention but again, his friends planted twenty pounds of weed on him and instead of getting arrest, he was able to pick the easy way out. Detention for two months and after school service for the next half of the year.

He'd have to participate and help out at any and every school event that was signed to him. So far he had eight coming his way within the next two months. Four football games, two school plays, one petting zoo and one jewelry sale.

Raymond was brought out of his thoughts when soft footsteps made the library's cheaply covered red carpeted floors creak. Maria was probably the only one that wasn't bored in the library along with the rest of the girls.

They were the only ones that actually grabbed a book to read and used this time to study and get ahead in some classes while the guys did nothing. Maria closed the book she had in her hands with a lock 'thunk' and put it back in its rightful place. She then grabbed another dark red history book and flipped it open to the folklore section. Maria has always been interested in myths and folklore, this was the perfect time to learn more.

Smiling in victory, Maria walked over to the creamy wooden table and sat next to a curled up Noah who looked lost in thought. She glanced his way, smiled at him, then turned her gaze back to the book in front of her. Maria's seen Noah around, she's seen all five students that landed in detention around but she was never able to speak to them.

Everyone at her school are separated into sections that are even further separated by teachers. She is a popular, Jackson is a bad boy, Noah is a loner, Sophia is a nerd, Anya is a drifter, Raymond is a stoner and Max is the boy you can't help but notice. Whether good or bad.

Both Sophia and Anya sat next to each other, each trying to get rid of the loads of homework they had so that they didn't have to worry about anything when they got home.

Sophia touched her stomach and flinched when cramps appeared out of no where. She breathed in and out trying to get them to stop.

"You okay?" Whispered Anya, Sophia glanced at her and forced a smile "peachy" she replied through clenched teeth. Anya nodded her head, unsure of what to do but before she could say another work, a voice spoke up from beside the window.

"Do you ever feel like your not meant to be alive?" Jackson's voice rumbled catching everyone's attention. Noah blinked out of his gaze and set his sights of Jackson, a light blush covering his pale cheeks. "Yes" he was the first one to answer Jackson, Jackson's eyes turned to Noah and gave him a sad smile. A series of "Yes" chorused around the room.

"Have you ever set out for your life to be one way, only for your parents to screw it up?" This time no one replied even if they all agreed.

Jackson sighed and turned to them. "Can you honestly sit there and tell me you don't know what it feels like to have your life change in the blink of an eye? To feel unwanted, unloved, worthless and pathetic?" Noah looked on the ground while Max's eyes turned to Jackson completely. Anya looked at the ground in shame and Sophia sat down her pencil just as Maria's book closed.

"What are you getting at?" Asked Maria. Jackson shrugged with a bittersweet smile.

"How did you end up in detention?" Was his simple reply. Maria frowned but couldn't reply "and you" Jackson turned to Sophia who also couldn't answer his question. "What about you, Anya right?" Anya nodded but had no answer to his questions. Jackson huffed "you guys have no reason to be here but I'm guessing you guys do, right? It's probably something silly" Raymond was the first to speak up.

"I got detention because of my friends. They set me up and blamed me for the weed that they had" Jackson shook his head in disbelief.

"One of my teachers tried to touch me so I punched him in the face. He told the principal that I was and I quote 'a psychotic teenager who went after him because of a bad grade'" Noah scuffed, tears swelling in his eyes.

Jackson frowned, wrongfully accused and not one teacher would try and defend the student. It's like teachers have their own society and they never let anyone but themselves be right.

"I honestly don't know why I'm here" stated Max, "all I know is that I came to school and suddenly had detention the next day. I blame it on the students here, they like to spread lies. One of them was me supposedly attempting to rape a student in the girls bathroom" he sighed deeply. Max's hand immediately moved to touch his slightly scabbed over wrist.

Jackson nodded and opened his mouth to speak, "so I'm going to ask you again. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you don't know what it feels like to feel like everyone is unfair? That you haven't thought about taking a knife to your throat, feeling the cold metal press against your heated skin and sliding it across your arteries. Or maybe putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger" this time they all agreed.

Jackson knew, he knew that they would. Just one look at these group of students and it seemed like his life finally made some sense. They were just like him. Used and abused.

Some have it easier than others, while others only know the darkness in life.

"I'm going to commit suicide on October the 31st on the cliff above the school" Jackson admitted bluntly. Raymond's eyes widened along with everyone else's.

"I'm inviting you guys to do the same. But before that, I think I want to get the most out of the next week I have to be alive. I've found a Halloween festival that's kind of like a carnival or a fair, I want you guys to go with me." He turned to the window, one hand tapping a rhythm while the other stayed still "I think it's best for me, but the question is if it's best for you."

—————————————

Author's Note:

So this chapter isn't exactly how I wanted it to be but I got it done and that's all that matters.

I think later on I might try and rewrite this but all of my ideas flew out the door in the short break that I took to rest and get some important stuff done.

Asides from that, it was how I wanted it to end up but not in the smooth manner that I had planned.

Anyways, don't forget to Vote, if you like, Comment if you want and Add this book to your library for more updates and books!!!

Rewritten: October 22nd 2018