Chapter Sixteen: By Ourselves

New chapter! Posted on: 1/14/19

Chapter 15 Part 2

By Ourselves
__________________

"I'll be back in the morning" Jackson whispered to a scared Aria.

"You promise?" She murmured, voice so soft and fragile that you could hardly hear it.

"I. . ." He trailed off. Thoughts of what would go down tonight filled his head, Jackson turned back to Aria. "I promise" little did she know he had his fingers crossed the whole time.

Standing up from his crunched position, Jackson grabbed the black duffle bag that contained tonight's items and left his house with a heavy heart.

"Jackson?" Noah tugged on Jackson's arm sleeve, Jackson broke from his daydream and looked down at Noah with a sigh. "Yes?" Noah shook his head and continued to climb the slightly deep hill that lead to the cliff. "Nothing" he murmured to himself.

"Everything's going to be okay, it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay. . ." The more he murmured to himself, the harder the blade pressed against his skin. "I'm going to be okay" whispered Noah.

Max turned at the sound of mumbled talking, his eyes taking in Noah and Jackson. Both boys looked like long lost lovers, as if they have known each other their whole lives, got separated and found each other again. Max scoffed. Love doesn't exist, he always thought.

"I'll be back" Max ran a shaky hand through his hair "j-" he inhaled a sharp breath "just don't kill each other" looking at his two parents, both experiencing the same backlashes from their last night.

Both his mother and his father wore torn up clothes, splatters of blood across their white and tan shirts. His father had bloodshot eyes, his mother had on black eye while the other was turning a light shade of pink. She must have popped a blood vessel. Their bodies were both too weak to fight each other anymore.

Max turned away from the pair, his hands going to touch the wound of the back of his head he got from when his father went to push his mother down. Instead of her falling, Max had jumped in between the two of them and ended up falling down the stairs and hitting the back of his head on the sharp, glass table they'd finally gotten replaced.

It was then that his parents stopped fighting and fell onto the couch in a heap of hot, sweaty mess.

Max's hands went around Anya's, squeezing it just enough so that he could feel secure. Anya turned to look at Max, a smile forming on her face. They both continued to walk in silence.

It took another ten minutes before the group of teenagers reached the top of the cliff, not yet at the small campsite that they wanted their last moments to be at.

"Do you know how you guys want to do this?" Raymond asked as he continued ahead of the group with Maria by his side. "I bought drugs, alcohol, pencil sharper glades and a gun" Jackson lifted up the bag that sat behind a bush and opened it for the group to see.

"Pick your poison" Max and Anya grabbed the blade, Raymond and Maria grabbed the drugs and a couple bottles of alcohol, Jackson and Noah grabbed the gun. "Are you sure you want to use that?" Noah asked Jackson, both were unsure if they wanted to experience so much pain before they died. "No" after putting the gun back Jackson decided that a mixture of drugs, alcohol and slitting his wrist would hopefully be more effective.