Chapter 2.

-Amelia Alexander.

"Where do you think you are going. You think you can escape now?" Hearing that all too familiar voice I stopped and turned around.

There, in the middle of the house, under the chandelier stood Alpha Jack Alexander, my father. He wore a white fitted shirt with a dress pant. His sleeves were rolled up in a harsh manner. He had his cigar in his left hand. He looked at me like he could kill me anytime.

"I..I'm sorry, Professor Dany took ten minutes extra today," I whispered. I was soo scared that I could not speak properly.

"So, who cares? If you were late you could have come to my house running. That way you would be able to reach here ten minutes earlier. But how could you? You are the most useless and lazy wolf of my pack. What a shame you are to me," he shouted.

"I'm sorry dad. Oh! Sorry! I..I'm so..sorry Alpha," It slipped out of my mouth. But it was already so late. He was coming towards me. Slowly, letting me know and calculate what he was going to do. He loved seeing my reaction. I could not move and was stick to my place. I closed my eyes ready for whatever was coming my way.

Suddenly I felt a strong hand around my neck. Holding me tight and he pushed me up against the wall. Oh God! Let me die please.

"How many fucking times do I have to tell you that don't call me that! I'm not your father. You are not capable of being my child. You are useless," he shouted on my face. This was nothing new. This now happened everyday, he reminds me every time when he sees me that how useless I am. He never loved me as a daughter. But I am so use to it now that it doesn't hurt me anymore.

"Sir, your guest has arrived," one of the guards said. Alpha loosened his grip and I fell to the ground hard. He gave a nod to the gaurd, who was now out of sight.

"You! Bitch! Take her out of my sight, I don't want to see her anymore. And cook something good for tonight. A few guest of mine are coming tonight. Now out of my sight, bitch!" Alpha said this pointing towards mom who was standing beside the stairs as stream of tears fell from her eyes. I don't remember when I have seen her eyes empty. They are always full with tears. I on the other hand never cry in front of him now. It is only in front of my mom.

Mom came towards me and helped me but I puhed her hand aside and stood up, picked my bag from the ground. And ran towards the basement which was my room. I fell on my mattress, that is I don't own a bed. My room has a mattress and an old table and a small cupboard in which i have about four different tops and three pairs of jeans. Mom would sometime lend me her clothes when i felt like wearing something good. She had them not because Alpha loves her but because she is our Luna and she has to look good. Now tears rolled down my cheeks freely as i stood up and walked up to the mirror. I did not resemble Alpha. I had long brown hair, a straight nose, big brown eyes and an oval face. I have an average height but was a bit healthy only because my mom makes me eat more than my appetite. 

I removed my scarf from around my neck and saw the blue and black patches on my neck. The old ones and now the new ones also.
It was nothing new. I walked back towards the mattress and allowed darkness to consume me.
         ________________________

I heard someone crying beside me and opened my eyes to see mom sitting beside me and sobbing.

"Mom, it's okay. Stop crying, your crying won't help me. I've always told you to run from here but you don't even consider it. Mom, we don't have a second option, lets go mom," I spoke. I've been telling mom to run but she doesn't even consider it as a way to get out of this mess. It's like I'm telling her to do something that's impossible.

"Run? Fine lets get out of here. Then what? Become rouges? And he won't find us? You think it's easy? He will kill us. I don't think so that it will ever work out Amy," mom said while she hugged me and i wrapped my hands around her waist.

"Mom, he will eventually kill me one day. He was going to kill me today but his guest arrived. It's better we run than we stay here and die slowly. Mom, you need to understand this for once. We could become rouges, I know that he may find us in the end but at least we could enjoy life for a year or two. Then who cares if he finds us," I said, mom had to listen to me. It was okay unless he used to shout at me and degrade me but it became a lot when he started beating me. He has always used his hands on mom but she never accepted that in front of me but she does not need to, I know that he has done it many times.

I have always thought to run from here because it was slowly becoming suffocating at this place. Yes, I don't have any idea regarding what we will do or where we will go after we escape Winter pack but all I want is to be set free. Rouges are not considered a threat here until and unless they try to do something that is suspicious.

There is a population limit that needs to be reached so that a clan of wolves is  considered a pack and if there is a clan that has a small population then they are said to be rouges. The land that they own are neutral grounds and don't even have an Alpha but they do have a leader who is considered as an Alpha but he has nothing to do with the council. The wolves of these clan are allowed to join any pack but only if they deserve the position of being a member of the pack.

"You don't know the danger that is outside waiting for us. We need to stay here. We can't leave," mom said with no emotions. Sometimes I saw Alpha in her eyes, they were emotionless and cold. Just like his.

"Mom. It's okay if you don't want to go. I will go by myself. All my life I have been listening to all those stuff that he threw at my way just because of you. I don't get it. He hates me, he hates you and you are still trying to solve things out with him," now I was shouting. Even though I hated shouting at mom i couldn't help it.

"He hates you because he wanted a son not a daughter and hates me because I could not give him a son," mom replied. It was very strange for a Alpha to have a first born as a daughter, the first born had to be a son so that he could be the next alpha in line.

"But..please, mom..," I said.
"No, stop. Please," thats enough for today. Your father will be returning soon. Eat and clean yourself up, you don't want him getting mad at you again," she interrupted me. "And you are going no where. Is that clear?"

"Yes!" No, no and no I thought. This time I am leaving and will soon get help for my mom. I will go to the council. I will complain and ask for help. But for all that I had to leave this pack because while staying here I will not be able to do anything.

I took a shower, cleaned my self up and ate the food that mom left for me beside my mattress. Alpha was not home so I went to the kitchen to help mom for tonight's dinner.

"Mom, do you want any help?" I asked.
"No, I'm almost done. But yes, you could set the table up," I did as she said and when we were done we went to my room so that mom could help me with my assignments.

We heard the door opening and closing, then heard footsteps which were followed by the laughs. Alpha was home with his friends.

"Dianaa! Where are you?" He shouted. Me and mom ran outside to see who was here with him.
____________________________________  
Comment, share and vote.

~LoveAiza.