The unforeseen, happy ending

First of all; there were lots, and lots, lots of stuff that happened in the next two star dates. I did meet Khan and pretty much mocked his name by pronouncing it as  ‘Khien’ because really that’s how it sounded to me and my Trekkie friends. How did I meet Khan? Let’s just say someone took that ring off, and you can imagine the events unfolded.  Want to know who did it? Want to know who found out about me? I believe the logical approach is to recall who wants answers; Two men.

 One human and one Vulcan. Now guess who did it. The star date were Khan crashed the ship did, really, happen.  But I wasn’t on the Enterprise. I wasn’t really  .  .  . around you see. I was frozen.  I didn’t remember how that happened; perhaps I was sedated by a drink; that’s my guess.

 Chekov filled in the rest  .  .  .  And for the short time I was unfrozen; about a year I was all and about, but grounded from USS Star Fleet ships  .  .  .

  ~                                  ~

    I heard this quick, fast sound whiz by my ear. I heard something loud but clear enough to know that something hit me. There is pain coming from my chest. This cannot be happening, this is not the logical ending a trekkie could expect. I feel my shirt then look at my hand to see it’s wet, covered in .  .   . green blood.

     “Where no man has gone before—“

    Oh no. I’m waking up. I can partially hear Kirk’s speech from one ear, but through my right eye I can see my ceiling that’s decorated in Star Trek wall paper consisting mostly of new and old Star Trek crew. I fell over to the side. There is a commotion from some-where around the huge crowd as there were more shots. A Trekkie like me knows they will find who started firing; quicker than we do on our average technological unadvanced Earth.

 “Klenaut!” I heard  Chekov’s yell.

 I am going home.

“Finally over  .  .  . “ I can hear Ellen walking into my room, and through one eye I could see her pacing back and forth trying to decide about something.

Chekov held me.

“Hold on Klenaut.” Chekov said, as people were rushing.

Tearfully, and my last words, to him I said, “No you,” I made the Vulcan sign with my hand. “My little Russian .  .  .  .” I gulp, feeling his face. My vision from the other eye is going.  “.  .  . Friend; thi-s-s- is goodbye.”

Ellen shook me.

 “Guess what! Guess what! Guess what!” Ellen’s voice is become real and realer.

“No, no,no,” Chekov refuses to lose me. “Please don’t go.”

My hand lost strength, so it fell.

“I vill find you.”

“MRS CURLY HAIR SPOCK!” Ellen yells in my ear. “WAKE UP;  WE JUST GOT twelve thousand hits in FIFTEEN MINUTES!”

“Li.  .  . Live long and  .  .  . “ And I died.

Ellen is shaking me,

“Prosper.” I woke up. “I’M UP!”

“Oh my enterprise, enterprise, we got that many hits!” Ellen is squealing. “We have officially gotten fammoouus!”

 I push myself upright.

 “I won’t forget you, Chekov.” I said looking up to the ceiling, Brenda came in with the laptop. Tears were coming down my eyes. “I wish  .  .  .  .”

“LOOK YOU GOT A HUGE FANBASE—Courtney why are you crying?” Ellen asks, putting her hands on my shoulder. “Did you have another dream of the enterprise?”

 I cried into her shoulder.

 “I .  .  . was still there!” I sobbed. “I want to go back!”

I picked up my broken pair of sunglasses.

“To sleep?” Ellen tilts her head.

The intense emotions from being shot and leaving the one who could have been my greatest companion in life have been torn away from me.

“No!” I cried.

Chekov is only a fictional character; and he’s never going to be real. How can he try to even come after me?  I can’t be with him; two different worlds  .  .  .and across start dates.

 “Where?” Brenda asks.

But what did Chekov mean  by ‘I vill find you’? It’s logically impossible unless there is a loophole to all these universes travels and time travels the Enterprise takes on a daily basis. It would require years and years of advancing to make it possible. I look up at the ceiling. I took back my first wish. Khan was right; sometimes you don’t want to take a wish back.

“There.” I point to my 2009 Star Trek poster.

I will miss being a Vulcan, and Chekov, and the rest of the enterprise crew: Where no trekkie has ever boldly gone before.  .     .

Viewers see outerspace; and the Enterprise preparing for take off.

“The USS Enterprise .  .   .”

The ship’s engines are starting.

“The ship that boldly goes where no man has gone  before.”

And then the Enterprise goes off to light speed.

 .   .   .  Two weeks later  .   . 

The most impossible event in Trekkie lives happened. The sky was normal; I was painting my new motorcycle just the right color of the bridge in USS Enterprise. I look up, seeing the sky is dark. Ellen had volunteered to stay with me because of my wild, genuinely concerning rants about being on planets and meeting the Enterprise crew. No one would have believed me  .  .  . If  I hadn’t told Jason he was right about the Nero theory.

 “Hey Courtney,” Ellen is in the charge of the house, because my Mom is out with her new boyfriend.  “Looks like to rain.”

  I saw the outline of the enterprise in the clouds, so I dropped the paintbrush and take several feet back.

 “They went through it!” I shriek. “THEY WENT THROUGH IT! OH MY VULCAN THEY DID IT!”

  Then, the Enterprise became visible.

“BRENDA!” I heard Ellen scream.

 I heard plates shatter and Brenda squirming to holding her new Ipad.

“T-t.t.t.hey  .  .  . did it.” I repeat, as the door to the enterprise opens and the long bridge retracted down.

 Chekov came to the entrance.

 “I keep my promises.” Chekov said.

And you know what?

Chekov looks pretty good in the white background with a yellow shirt on.

I look over my shoulder, flashing a smile at Ellen (Brenda is recording it with her Ipad, don’t honestly know how she got the money to buy it!). I didn’t need anything; I can go in and be an average human; no, not a Vulcan. I have forty years give or take on the Enterprise! How did they track me down? Perhaps the most unexplained should be left un-told.

“Bye!” I wave to Ellen. “See you all when I’m dead or something!”

Seventeen, and I ran off to my eighteen year old Russian friend.

Now that is the best. Trekkie. ending. Ever.