Chapter One

Hermione's POV

I boarded the Hogwarts Express for the last time. Wandering down the train until I reached the front. The carriage labelled Heads Carriage. I was Head Girl and unfortunately for me, Draco was Head Boy. He was already sitting in the carriage, reading a book. I entered.

"Hello Malfoy"

"Good Morning Granger."

I was puzzled for once, he had called me by my name.

"I have changed Granger, and I have an offer. Since we are going to be spending a far amount of time together. I suggest we get along for the sake of our grades."

"I agree but I would rather you use my first name."

"Ok Hermione."

I sat down and pulled out my book.

Half way into the journey, Draco had placed his book down and decided to try and make conversation.

"How was your summer Hermione?"

I loved the way he said my name. It sounded so nice.

"Well, I spent most of the summer alone. And the remaining time with Ron, and Harry."

"Of course, you did," he scoffed.

"So how was your summer Draco?"

"My family are under house arrested and have practically disowned me after certain events."

I remembered back.

*flashback*

Draco, Lucis shouted from across the courtyard. Draco stood firm where he was. "Draco come", his mother whispered.

Still no movement, until his lips moved. "That isn't be I belong on this side. I am not like you whether you like it or not."

His mother shrieked, "Draco don't do this." Tears began rolling down her face. Draco, his father shouted more sternly. "No father, I will not end up as a failure like you." He whispered.

*end of flashback*

He really had changed, and I was grateful.

"That was very brave of you."

"I don't need your praise. I was sick of living a lie."

"Fine."

I went back to reading my book, hoping he would do the same however his gaze contiuned to watch me. My cheeks flushed.

Draco's POV

Her cheeks flushed as I watched her. She really was stunning especially in her muggle clothing. Her curves were shown off with them unlike her unflattering robes. I smirked realising the effect my gaze had on her and picked my book up.

We pulled into the station, and got off. She instantly started helping the first years and I followed her lead. Most of the Slytherins had blanked me since those certain events. Afterwards, she pulled her trunk into the remaining carriage and I followed in after.

" Looks beautiful, doesn't it. " I heard her soft and tender voice utter.

"I guess so."

"What subjects are you taking?"

"Potions, Charms, Transfiguration, Defence against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures. How about you?"

"All the same plus Arithmancy. What do you hope to achieve after Hogwarts?"

"I am hoping to become a Healer. What about you?"

She smiled and replied, "I didn't you would go into something like that. I would like to go into Magical Law Enforcement"

I chuckled, "I am honestly not surprised of course you would go into something like that."

We soon arrived and Hogwarts. We were about to walk into the Great Hall together.

When there was a voice shouting.

"What are you doing with that bloody git for Hermione?"

*Author's Note*

Sorry the first chapter wasn't very long, am going to make the second on much longer than this. Just wanted to finish it at this point because it is a bit of a cliffhanger. Next Chapter will be uploaded next week. Remember to vote and comment. Thanks for reading.