Chapter Eight

-Author's Note-

All characters belong to J K Rowling. ISorry I haven't updated in a while, school has been stressful and I have a lot on my plate right now because of me being in Year 11 and practically every week I have something that is worth like 25% of a GCSE which I cannot afford to fail. 

-End of Author's Note-

Hermione woke up the next morning, and found the bed empty next to her. She sat up and walked into the common room where she found Draco and Teddy sitting there talking. She stood in the doorway and smiled. 

"Good Morning."  Hermione said, while sitting down next to them

"Hermy. Can we open our presents?" Teddy asked excitedly.

"Nope not yet. We have to go to the common room to see the others, and then you can." Hermione said. 

He jumped up and down, "Let’s go then!" Teddy screamed happily.

Hermione, Draco and Teddy pulled on some jumpers and shoes before walking to the Gryffindor common room with their hands filled with bags that contained Christmas presents. Once they entered, they found Harry, Ron, and Ginny sitting around the fire talking. Taking a seat on the couches near them, everybody was sitting around talking. After about half an hour Lupin had joined them while Molly and Arthur were with the remaining professors.

They began exchanging presents. Draco and Hermione exchanged gifts quietly while everybody else was talking and laughing. She slowly and gently opened the present and saw a beautiful charm bracelet. Hanging off the charm bracelet there was a little book, a star, a letter H, and a heart. Hermione gasped and hugged Draco at the sight of the stunning present he had bought her.

Draco then proceeded to open his gift, pulling back the wrapping paper, he proceeded to see a four books. Reading the titles he noticed all of them were Muggle books. Smiling slightly he wrapped his arm around Hermione, and whispered into her ear, “Thank you for my wonderful gift.” She smiled and her cheeks tinted red. After all the gifts were exchanged, Draco and Hermione went back to the common room and changed before heading to the Great Hall for breakfast. As they walked in, there were snowflakes drifting from the ceiling, along with a giant Christmas tree, and one long table down the middle. The Great Hall looked extremely empty due to the lack of students at the school.

All sitting around, they sat their breakfast. After breakfast they all decided to go outside and have a snowball fight since they had the whole of the Hogwarts grounds to themselves while everybody was away on vacation. Hermione screamed as a snowball hit the back of her head. The snowball dripped down her back onto her neck and she shivered with the cold. Turning around she saw Draco standing there laughing with Fred and George at her reaction. She waved her wand and then they were being pelted with snowballs.

All three of them ran away and hit behind trees but the snowballs followed them and continued to bombard them. Hermione laughed and so did Ginny and Harry at the sight of Fred, George and Draco being chased by snowballs.

They all contrasted barriers to hide behind and made a pile of snowballs. Soon all of them were running around soaking wet, laughing after the fun they had had. They walked back inside the castle leaving a trail of water behind them, they all went their separate ways and got into different showers and baths to warm up before they had their massive Christmas lunch.

Sitting around the table, the atmosphere was relaxed. Molly and Arthur didn’t seem bothered by Draco and Hermione’s relationship which Draco himself was secretly relieved about.

They sat around the table for the rest of the afternoon, catching up on stories and playing chess and cards with each other. There was no tension between any of them, and it was hard for anybody to believe there had been a war the previous year. As the evening started to dawn on them. McGonagall decided to put some music on and allow the students to have a little bit of a party between them.

Draco grabbed Hermione’s hand and pulled her onto the floor that had been made. Draco kept spinning her around. Hermione had a cute smile plastered onto her face and she was laughing. Ginny and Harry joined in as well as Arthur and Molly before Fred jokingly pulled George on the dance floor and they waltzed around together.

Hermione relaxed into her chair as she reflected on the events of the day and was surprised at how everything had gone so successfully and Molly and Arthur had actually congratulated them on their relationship, obviously they hadn’t done this in front of Ron as that would be like rubbing salt into a sore wound and the Weasleys had bigger hearts than that.

George and Fred had teased Hermione a little, they had always seen her as their little sister and were very protective over her even giving Draco a firm warning about what they would do to him if he ever hurt her.

Hermione curled closer to Draco’s side, and her head was eventually resting on his chest. He was running her fingers through her hair, as he started to read out loud one of the books she had given to him.

The relaxing sound of Draco reading a Christmas Carol caused Hermione to doze off, it wasn’t a while afterwards that Draco fell asleep on the sofa too.

Eventfully the pair’s first Christmas together had turned out to be a success, and the relaxing thoughts of the day had sent them both off into a dream filled sleep of the future times both could enjoy together.