Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

-The End of the Year-

“As Draco Malfoy is the head boy this year. He will be making a graduation speech.” McGonagall said.

Draco walked up to the podium a few cue cards in his hand. He shuffled them nervously.

“This year as has been an eventful year. I have made many new friends and have been lucky enough to find someone who has a very big heart and they have a place in it for me.” He gestured towards Hermione and everybody else sitting there.

“Unfortunately for us our time at Hogwarts is coming to an end and all of us are going on to do new and exciting things. Likely for us there are many more events that lie ahead in our future. The end for now, is just a new beginning to bigger and more exciting things to come. I hope that I have the new friends I have made throughout the past year with me on this journey in front of me. I am extremely excited for the future and cannot wait to experience new things and Hogwarts will always be our home. No better how far we go, these walls will always be our roots. And if everything falls apart then at least we will still have Hogwarts. Let us hope that it will always be that way for future generations to come.”

Draco finished his speech and walked away as everyone applauded loudly. Draco smiled and sat back down next to Hermione. Their fingers entwined as McGonagall continued talking.

After graduation they all sat on the train back to London, the atmosphere was sad and slightly tense. There was complete silence. Once they pulled into the station. Everybody stood up and walked out of the station, nobody spoke.

They all arrived at the Burrow and everybody sat down in the living room. “At least we had a good 7 years right.” Ron said.

After Molly walked in bringing a tray of cookies and hot chocolate. They all soon began swapping stories and discussing everything that happened over their 8 years. The atmosphere had relaxed and they were all laughing and joking about everything that had ever happened.

After all the Golden Trio had been through they were finally happy. Ginny and Harry had rekindled their relationship during the previous summer, and Harry had finally asked for her hand in marriage after them all spending the entire year waiting after all they were perfect for each other.

Ron hadn’t been with anyone new since him and Hermione had broken up but he was copying with her dating Draco after all there wasn’t much he could since she was the happiest she had ever been.

Draco had been surprising welcomed into this small tight knitted group of friends and he fitted in perfectly well, after being threatened by multiple Weasleys not to hurt Hermione.

-A year later-

Hermione had spent the whole day wishing for the afternoon to come, today was her and Draco’s 2 year anniversary, and Draco was surprising her. She walked into the house they owned together and started to get ready. Draco had decided to go next door and get ready at Harry’s while Ginny came over and helped Hermione. Ginny and Harry had gotten married a couple of months earlier and Ginny was expecting their first child.

Hermione and Ginny spent the majority of the afternoon getting ready before Draco knocked on the front door.

Ginny ran down the stairs and opened the door, Draco stepped inside the front hall, and looked up at the top of the stairs. Hermione appeared and smiled, she slowly walked down the stairs. She was wearing a red floor length ball gown. Her hair was curled and pinned to one side. She walked down the stairs and Draco held out his head and gave it to her.

They walked outside and Draco helped her into the car and joined her. The car took them to a beachside restaurant. They took a table overlooking the beach where the sea was lapping the golden sand. They spoke throughout the dinner.

Just before their dessert arrived. Draco stood up and got down on one knee. “Hermione Jean Granger I have been in love with you for 2 years now and I finally feel I have waited long enough. Will you marry me?”

Hermione blushed and a few tears rolled down her face. She stood up and wrapped her arms around him and said “Yes, of course I’ll marry you.”

Draco beamed and kissed her before slipping the ring onto her finger and them sitting back down at the table, their hands entwined. The diamond engagement ring sparkling in the light.