Chapter Two

Draco's POV
Hermione turned around, and saw Ron.

"Draco is Head boy, I thought I already told you that."

"No you didn't. And since when did you start calling Malfoy, Draco."

"Since the Battle."

Ron's eyes clouded over with sadness and anger. He turned to me and said, "You stay away from my girlfriend."

I put my hands up, and spoke, "Ok. I will remember that for the future."

Hermione's POV

Ron walkd ineto the Great Hall leaving me and Draco standing there. I looked over at Draco and saw him looking at me. I nodded my head and we walked into the Great Hall together. I walked towards the Gryffindor table as he walked to the Slytherin. I saw the astonished faces of many people in the hall. Few people had seen the bravery of Draco and many had only heard the rumours. Nobody liked to talk about it and that was understandable.

I sat down next to Ginny. McGonagall started to speak.
"As you all now there are more students than last year. There are the eight years and everybody else is repeating the year otherwise. I would like to announce that Head Boy and Girl are Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger. "

The sorting ceremony was about to begin, when the sorting hat burst into song.

After all the sorting and the dinner, I started to ushered the first years to bed.I saw Draco doing the same. I called over to him, "I will do the Gryffindors and the Ravenclaws." He nodded and continued on.

Draco's POV
I took all the Hufflepuffs and Slytherins to their dormitories. I walked back to meet Hermione and McGonagall to be shown to our common room. I arrived and they were both waiting patiently.

"Follow me. I am glad you have put your differences aside to get along and carry out your duties. I hope your example can encourage younger students to have a more inter-house interaction."

We followed her, until we stood outside a portrait of Dumbledore, his blue eyes sparkling.

"Usually you would have the common room in a different place but due to there beginning a number of extra students, this will be your dormitory and common room. Dumbledore kindly asked for his portrait to be the doorway, the password is Lemon drops."

I nodded and heard Hermione chuckle lightly. I would have to remember to ask her about that.

Hermione entered and I followed. A gasp left my lips, there was a broad bookshelf on one side with two sofas and a table. There were two doors lightly off towards our dormitories. I opened the door closest to me and saw a Gryffindor themed room, with a four poster bed with red and gold curtains. She had opened the other door and saw a similar room but Slytherin themed. We swapped rooms.
I opened a door to which I presumed lead to the bathroom which indeed it did. I saw Hermione, standing at the door of my room.

"Stunning isn't it?" She said

"Indeed, especially the bookcase. Everything we need. And an individual bathroom each."

She nodded. " I no longer need to go to to the library because I have everything here."

I chuckled, "Why were you laughing earlier?"

"Lemon drops were Dumbledore's favourite muggle sweet and happen to be one of mine."

I smiled.

Hermione's POV
I saw him smile at the mention of my favourite muggle sweets. I turned around and walked back to my room, and started to unpack. I picked up a book and walked into the common room.