Chapter Six

-Author's Note-

All characters belong to JK Rowling. Hope you enjoy :')

-End of Author's Note-

Draco was walking back to the common room, clutching his broomstick. He walked into the common room, and saw Hermione working away. Her face was plastered with concentration, as she worked through all the work they had missed. Her hair was covering her face and she keep running her heads through her hair in frustation. 

His face relaxed and he smiled at the sight of his girlfriend. Stripping of his clothes and jumping in the shower, he relaxed his muscles. Afterwards his walked into the common room in sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. 

Sitting down next to Hermione, he grabbed all his belongings and began walking away along side her. Hermione groaned in frustation and threw her quill down onto the parchement. 

"What is wrong Mione?" Draco asked.

Hermione smiled at the use of her nickname and replied "This doesn't make any sense." And pointed towards a passage in the textbook. 

He read it over and kindly explained it to her and then she furiously wrote information down and finished off her final essay. Sitting back on the couch, she grabbed a book and started to read. She started to curl up in a ball, reading. 

The rest of the evening went by smoothly without Hermione finding out about the arguement until the next morning. Ron came storming into their common room, waking both of them up. He was screaming "Malfoy, get your fat ass out here." 

Groggily they both stepped out their bedrooms, and stood in the doorways rubbing their eyes and trying to tame their hair. Draco looked at him, and Ron lunged towards him and started punching him. Hermione grabbed her wand and shouted "Stupefy." at Ron.

He ran down onto the ground completely stunned. Harry and Ginny ran in the common room. Both stood there and saw Hermione shaking and crying with Ron stunned and Draco with bruises on his face. 

Ron and Ginny took Ron's arm and started dragging him out of the common room. Hermione fell down the wall and let her tears flow freely.

"I can't believe I just stunned by best friend."

Draco sat next to her and put his arm around her, "You did what you had to do."

"Nobody should do that while I sleep. Instincts." Hermione said, while sobbing. 

"Hey, hey. It is alright. He will forgive you eventually. These things take time Mione."

"I should heal these bruises. You can't do it yourself even if you want to be a healer."

He laughed and Hermione worked her magic. The bruises disappeared. Both of them went to get ready for their classes. 

All day they spent the day with only each other, Harry and Ginny had taken Ron to the hospital wing, and were enjoying the time along so they could be a couple together. That evening Hermione decided to ask Ginny and Harry if they wanted to hang out in their common room, as Hermione hadn't spent that much time with either of them since the summer as she was extremely busy.

When evening dawned on them, they sat around in the common room drinking hot chocolate and talking like responible adults. The atmosphere was light-hearted, to an outsider there was no evidence there had been a war only months earlier which had torn these four strong individuals apart, but eventually bringing them together. 

-A few months later-

Running down the corridor, Draco saw Hermione walking down, her back straight and her hair flowing behind her. He ran up to her and hugged her from being. She started laughing and kissed him on the cheek. Just as she did, Ron walked around the corner and felt his heart being ripped out by jealousy. 

The couple then walked outside into the new falling snow and walked around the grounds along with many other students who had similar ideas before they were all banned from going outside. People watched on as they saw the Head Boy and Girl walk around the snow hand in hand. 

Over the past few months Draco and Hermione became open with their relationship and not many people cared apart from Ron. McGonagall looked out of her office window and saw Draco and Hermione wandering around, smiles on their faces as they enjoyed the weather. 

The holidays were soon approaching and the students were getting the most out of the Hogwarts snow since it probably wouldn't be like this anywhere else. 

Luckily for Hermione and Draco it looked like they were going to be two of the only students at Hogwarts since pretty much everybody was leaving expect the Weasleys were coming to Hogwarts for Christmas, as McGonagall had invited them since it was the first Christmas since the Battle and they all had been a big part of it. 

Walking down the pathway to Hogsmeade, Ginny and Harry laughed with each other. Walking into the town they bumped into Fred and George who had just opened their new joke shops. Receiving some free products before leaving. Harry and Ginny went their seperate ways to get each other gifts. Draco and Harry set off to buy their beloved other halves a Christmas present.

Harry quickly got his gift for Ginny. Draco on the other hand was struggling. Standing outside the jewelery shop in looked into the window and saw the perfect gift. In the shop window was a charm bracelet, walking in he purchased it and bought some charms to go along with it.

Ginny and Hermione spent their entire trip wandering around trying to decide what gifts to buy. Eventually they ended up at the Quidditch supply store where Ginny gathered some items for Harry. However Hermione was indecisive, wanting to get Draco the best present ever since it was their first Christmas together. 

Suddenly an idea popped into her head and she pulled Ginny out of the shop and started speaking at the speed of light telling her plan.