Chapter 1

Jess's POV
I put on a pair of leggings, then quickly ran to my closet to find a top to wear. "Jess hurry up!" Petra yelled banging on my bedroom door. "Sorry! It's not my fault SOMEONE used up all the hot water!" I yelled back with a hint of sarcasm, while quickly putting my hair in a high ponytail. "Whatever..." Petra replied. Even though I couldn't see her face, I could tell she's embarrassed. Probably blushing considering she and my brother were doing stuff in the shower that took them ALMOST AN HOUR!

I slipped on a short grey top, and shoved on a blue hoodie. I took one last glance at myself in the mirror, before leaving. "FINALLY!" Petra groaned when I opened my door. She grabbed my wrist and literally dragged me down the stairs, into the dining room. Olivia, Axel, Jesse and Lukas were already there eating. I stared at Lukas for a while, my cheeks heating up, until Petra saw.

"You like him, huh?" She smirked at me, nudging me on the arm. "W-what?! N-no of course not!" I stammered, blushing. I covered my face with my hands and let out a frustrated groan. "Don't worry, I won't tell.." Petra said winking. I could never trust her with this kind of stuff, she'll probably tell the whole world if she had the chance to. And Jesse....oh no..if my brother finds out I like his best friend, then it's over. He'll kill Lukas, then probably never let another guy hang around with me again.

"You guys gonna eat?" Lukas called out to Petra and I. "We're coming!" I replied back, walking over to them, with Petra following. Axel and Olivia were sitting together. I always knew they liked each other. Wait..that means the only seats left are...I looked at the places left to sit, one beside my brother and one beside Lukas. Well I could just sit with Jesse, Petra's fine with Lukas anyways, right? But before I could move, Petra dashed over to sit next to Jesse. I don't know if that's to annoy me or because she likes Jesse. Great... now I have to sit with Lukas. I walked over slowly and sat down, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

I couldn't look at him, I'll probably mess up and not be able to talk. "You okay Jess?.." Lukas asked me with a concerned face. Gosh he looked so cute like this... "Umm err..yea..totally fine!" I said, smiling. "Oh okay then," Lukas flashed me a smile back and he went back to eating. I caught Petra looking at me, with that same smirk. I mouthed the words, 'what?' to her. Then she made a love heart with her hands and made it so Lukas and I were in it. I shook my head, trying to tell Petra that we were just friends, but I knew I wanted to be more than friends. But I can't just tell him...

Lukas's POV
Maybe Jess didn't like me like I thought she did. I tried starting a conversation with her, but she ended it quickly. I took a quick glance at her, before looking back down at my food. She was so beautiful, I could stare at her for days..and her personality is amazing, the way she cares for everyone, how brave she is, she's just perfect. Jesse put his arm around Petra and they both blushed. I saw Jess smirking at Petra, which isn't that surprising since those two always make fun of each other, in a friendly way.

Petra whispered something to Jess, but Jess didn't seem to be happy about it, but in the end she said, "Fine..." I was really starting to get confused. Jess scooted a bit closer to me, and I got nervous, so I scooted a bit away from her. Then she scooted over to me again, so I moved over again. My face was heating up, what was she doing?! I focused my eyes on my plate of food, so no ones sees me blushing. Then Jess moved closer to me again, and I scooted over, and fell off the chair and onto the floor. Great... The whole room burst with laughter and I quickly stood up and sat back down. "Very funny guys.." I muttered, looking at them.

"Yup it sure was funny!" Jesse laughed. "You're just using my affections to a really cute girl against me, aren't you?" I replied back, not thinking. Then everyone started making 'ooooh' sounds at me. Why did I say that?...I glanced over at Jess, who was blushing. Wait..does she like me?! They were like that for the rest of dinner, until I finally finished and ran up to my room. I locked the door, and flopped onto my bed, stuffing my face in my pillow.

What have I done?.. Now everyone knows about my crush... "Lukas?..." I heard a soft voice from outside of my room. Jess. I could recognise that voice anywhere. I jumped out of bed and opened the door, letting her in. "Hey Jess," I said, smiling. She walked in and we sat on my bed in silence until Jess spoke up. "Lukas...do you like me?.." She asked, looking at me in the eyes. "Of course I do! You're a great friend and y-"

"I mean do you like me in the other way.." She cut me off. I had to tell her the truth. This was my only chance...Here it goes.. "Y-yes..I've liked you for a long time now, I was just afraid to tell, because you probably didn't feel the same way," I looked at her, waiting for her response. "Of course I like you Lukas!" Jess beamed, happily. She pulled me in for a hug and I instantly hugged back. "You do?.." I asked shocked, but happy. This was the greatest day of my life!

I looked into her eyes, then I leaned in. She closed the gap between us and we kissed. I couldn't believe this was happening. I'm kissing Jess! I put my arms around her waist, pulling her closer as she put her arms around my neck. We stayed there for what felt like forever, but soon, we were running out of breath so we had to pull away.

I snuggled with Jess and soon, she fell asleep.