Chapter 4

Jess's POV
"Jess...Jess...JESS WAKE UP!" I heard faint voices calling my name, but I was too tired to care. I felt warm hands grab my shoulders and shake me, causing me to suddenly sit up and breathe heavily, as I scan my surroundings.

"Huh? What?" I blurted out, still sleepy. I rubbed my eyes and got a better view at who was there. Jesse. "Jess, there's something important I have to tell you...." my brother said, his eyes filled with worry and concern. Jesse's always been brave and confident, always up for a challenge, even if it means risking his own life, but this time, he looked like the complete opposite; scared, worried and upset.

"What is it?...." I asked, trying not to sound desperate, but inside, I was dying to know the answer. "I-it's Lukas..." Jesse replied, looking down. Wait Lukas?! What happened? Is he hurt? Is he back to normal? Was it all a dream?! "What about Lukas?" I said, getting more worried every second. "He's gone..."

"WHAT?!" I almost screamed in Jesse's face.

"Look, I don't know what happened, but when I woke up this morning, Lukas wasn't in his room. Petra and I checked everywhere, the whole treehouse and outside,"

"W-well, do you have any idea where he is?..." I asked, feeling my eyes getting wet.

Jesse shook his head with a sad expression on his face. Then, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I burst into tears, not caring if my brother was going to see me cry, there was already too much going on and now this?! To make things worse, all the bad things that have happened includes Lukas. It's like he's a target for others. "We have to find him then!" I said when my crying had calmed down a bit.

"Jess, we've looked everywhere, if he was near, we would've found him by now..." Jesse said, comforting me. I let a few more tears drop before I finally said, "I guess we'll just wait for him to come back..." My brother smiled and gave me a hug, making me instantly feel a bit better. "Well, get some rest sis," Jesse said as he left my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed, not realising the breath I've been holding. I know I shouldn't have, but I lied to Jesse. I wasn't actually going to sit in my room while Lukas is missing. Who knows what could happen to him. He could be dead by the time we found him. After a long time of thinking, I finally made up my mind; I was going to find Lukas, no matter what.

I got out of bed and got my sword and armour, ready to leave. I snuck through the window in my room, closing it quietly behind me to not cause any noise. Once I was outside, I headed straight for the woods. There's heaps of prefect hiding places in the woods, Lukas must be there.

I walked for hours and hours, and soon, the sun was starting to set. "Come on Lukas, where are you?" I thought to myself as I wandered aimlessly around. The sky was getting darker every minute, making trees and bushes cast shadows, which always creeped me out. If I couldn't find Lukas soon, I'll have to head back and continue tomorrow, unless if I want to be attacked by mobs. Just as I was about to give up all hope, I heard a BANG. "Who's there?..." I asked cautiously, looking around for the source of the sound, which I found quickly. Something was in the bushes...

As I got closer to it, I could see it was a body. A body laying down, the middle of the woods, at sunset. I crouched down next to it and immediately recognised who it was. "LUKAS!" I yelled, my voice filled with shock and happiness. I didn't think I'll ever be able to find him again, but I did. Some tears fell down my face, as I checked for a pulse. Luckily, I found one, but Lukas still wouldn't move. "Lukas!" I said again, gently shaking him. Still no movement.

"He's not going to wake up.." a voice said behind me, making me snap my head around. My eyes widened in shock and disbelief as I saw a massive screen appear in front of me.

729 words. Pretty short but meh. I still have writer's block but thank you so much intregedreader521 for giving me a great suggestion, which I will hopefully write about in the next chapter. And sorry for leaving this on a cliffhanger...see if you can predict what happens next. ;)