Chapter 41

I managed not to pass out, some how. It wasn't helping that my mind seemed to be surrounded by a wall of fog but I was aware when Zak carried me back inside and the gate slid shut behind us. I didn't say anything until Zak sat down on one of Llewellyns plush chairs with me still in his arms as my legs had given out beneath me when I tried to stand up.

"You know, I really need to stop this, I might seriously hurt myself one day." Zak stared at me like I was insane and I couldn't help but smile at him. He'd barely sat down when we were both attacked by a small body, scrambling to get his arms around my neck. Zak chuckled as he re-positioned both Cody and I so we could sit comfortably on his lap. I rested my head on Zaks shoulder as my arms curled around Codys waist. This was my favourite place on earth, I decided.

"Yah think?" Zak exclaimed, smoothing a strand of hair away from my face. Caerun collapsed into the plush chair beside ours, glaring heavily at me. 

"What the hell were you even thinking?" He demanded, almost screaming at me. His hands were shaking, pure fury aimed straight at me but I didn't have the energy to respond to it.

"I'd like to know the answer to that question as well." We all looked up as Llewellyn walked in to the office, his expression unreadable. If I'd had the energy, I would've been extremely nervous and scared but at that moment, it was all I could do just to lift my head to look at him.

"She said Caerun needed help." I managed to force out. I saw the men frown at each other, a silent conversation that I couldn't bring myself to care about. I was tired, so so tired. All my limbs felt like ten ton bricks and my eyelids kept slipping closed on their own. But, I couldn't sleep. Now was definitely not the time to doze off.

"She?" Caerun muttered. "There was no else around us, I thought. It was lucky I even saw the man but Tera aimed straight for us." Zaks hand traced symbols on my back, which wasn't really helping the whole staying awake thing, as he ran his other hand through his hair, thinking deeply. 

"Invisible." Was all I managed as talking was becoming harder and harder to manage. Zak swallowed, looking down at me so I could see the gears turning behind his dark blue eyes when they suddenly lit up with realisation.

"Selene!" Llewellyn and Caerun both at his sudden outburst before they looked at each other in confusion.

"What about Selene?" Llewellyn started slowly, raising an eyebrow at us. Zak took a deep breath, moving where he sat so Cody balanced better.

"A few days ago, Tera told me she kept seeing a white wolf around. When she described it, I realised she was seeing Selene, the white wolf you and I saw as kids, Caerun. Today she saw someone invisible who lead her straight to where Caerun was attempting to kill an innocent man."

"Or, as innocent as they can get trapped with those evil fucks." Caerun muttered before shaking his head and running his hands through his hair so that it stuck up at weird angles. Everyone was silent as they considered Zaks words and eventually I managed to nod in confirmation. It was obvious everyone was still very worked up and scared and weren't sure what to take it out on. I just hoped there wouldn't be a second wave and everything would be okay for now. "To be honest, I'm more concerned about what the hell Tera did out there!" It was weird, to be the centre of attention but have no energy to truly respond to it. Caerun shook his head, reaching up to absently flatten his hair again. 

"I didn't feel anything. Everyone just froze." Zak said, as though he was being defensive. I didn't know. The world was starting to spin slightly. Caerun sighed, leaning on his knees.

"It felt familiar, I've felt it before. It only lasted for a split second so I can't really describe it properly but it definitely came from Tera." Llewellyn was thinking, I could see it in his eyes, so much like his sons. Something told me, I wouldn't like what he was thinking, however when he fixed his gaze on me, piercing through to my very soul.