The Wedding

Steve Rodgers stared blankly into the mirror

Steve Rodgers stared blankly into the mirror. He stood tall in his three piece suit and a whit flower in his breast pocket. He looked handsome. Very handsome indeed. Normally, a man just about to get married should look happy, happy because they are about to marry the person of their dreams.

But there was a look on Steve's face. A sort of divided look, like he was still undecided. It was very slight and even he didn't notice it himself. He brushed his hand through his blonde hair and then checked the time on his battered old watch. He smiled to himself. Bucky had given it to him for his birthday when he was younger. Bucky. James Buchanan Barnes. Thinking about him took Steve back to that day and he lingered a moment on that fond memory.

"You're my best friend" A young handsome James Barnes told his best mate Steve Rodgers.

Steve blushed but quickly looked away and pretended to scratch his face so Bucky didn't see.

"You are mine too Bucky." Steve replied wanting nothing more to lean his head against Bucky's shoulder.

"I got you a gift." Bucky said pulling something from his bag. "It's nothing much but---"

Steve cut him off. "You didn't have to get me anything, just you spending time with me is enough to make me happy on my birthday."

"I didn't." Bucky chuckled. "But I wanted to. So take it."

Bucky passed the parcel and Steve acquiesced taking it from him. He proceeded to open it eagerly which caused Bucky to smile at his cuteness.

"I love it Buck" Steve had opened the box under the wrappings to reveal a shiny watch. He put it on straight away, admiring it.

"I'm glad you do"

There was a moment where Steve and Bucky glanced at each other. Steve stared deeply into Bucky's kind eyes (or wondrous blue orbs if you're into that shit😂 jk) and smiled. If there was anyone Steve wanted to be best friends with, it was Bucky. Bucky gave a small smile to Steve and then hugged him.

"You're my best friend"
Steve repeated Bucky's words.

"I know" Bucky said simply said. "And I'm with you Steve, till the end of the line."