十八

| 15;44 |
sunday

jungkook's pov

are you okay?

i open my eyes and immediately regret it as soon as i make contact with his bewitching hazel ones. i turn away to take some paper towel and wipe my face with it.

i'll just try to ignore him.

i saw you ran off from your friends and by reflex, i just had to come after you.

he chuckles.

it's funny 'cause it's like my feet had a life of their own, you know? okay, i sound stupid. i just really ᅳ ❞

alright, fuck this.

you really what? you forgot to tell me you're the assistant of my ex?

he's taken aback at first but then he responds.

i got the job only days ago and besides, i never told you where i go to school so i just thought it would be weird for me to tell you where i work. or the fact that i got fired two weeks ago and the fact that one of my childhood friends ᅳ jung hoseok ᅳ referred me to N0iR after he heard i lost my job.

really? that's your excuse?

why are you even so mad? i didn't know who your ex was. you never told me. i quite remember our conversation going with you telling me i know nothing about the music industry and how fucked up your world could be because i'm just a normal person and that i would never understand.

oh, is that what this is about? you're trying to prove something?

dear gods, no! not everything is about you, jeon jungkook! can't a man just want a job that pays better than his old one? this whole argument is stupid.

then how come you didn't know about yoongi's collab with me when you're his assistant? shouldn't you know about things like that?

it was my first day at work yesterday. i never even met N0iR before that. hoseok told me N0iR's doing a collab with someone, yes. but he didn't say who. and i didn't ask because i didn't wanna come off as nosy. i'm sorry, jungkook. but i don't want to get fired and nor am i planning to resign on my own.

i'm not asking you to do that. what the shit?

then what do you want from me?

his voice cracks and i can see the embarrassment when his cheeks turn red and he tries to look away from me.

okay, i get it. i accidentally played with your feelings and you're wary of me because of that. totally understandable. but please, hear me out when i say i'm not doing this to hurt you even more. i would never try to hurt you intentionally.

i wish i could believe that.

i say before leaving him.