|him and I|

Nyssa al Ghul's fate had been sealed the moment she was born

Nyssa al Ghul's fate had been sealed the moment she was born. Her father, Ra's al Ghul, was leader of the League of Assassins. Ra's led a group of cutthroat, ruthless killers. Jasmine, Nyssa's mother, grew tired of her father's lifestyle. He had begun to train his daughter at the age of 4. She was taught to never show mercy. When Nyssa reached the age of eight, her mother took her during the night and fled to America. Jasmine was an American, so they moved to Oakland, knowing that Ra's would never find them there.

With the little money she had, she rented a small apartment in the heart of the hood. Jasmine changed Nyssa's name to Onyx Adams. That's the name the world knew her by. The two lived down the hall from Erik Stevens and his father, N'Jobu. Nyssa befriended Erik almost instantly after she arrived. After contracting meningitis, Nyssa had begun to lose her hearing. A few years later in 1992, the kids hadn't even made it to the age of ten when Erik's father was murdered in his apartment as they played basketball outside with some kids from the building. Jasmine would take Erik in as a promise to N'Jobu if anything ever happened to him.

Nyssa and Erik eventually fell in love at the age of 17, knowing of each other's pasts. He told her of Wakanda . She told him of Nanda Parabat and that she was heir to the demon. It would be months later that Jasmine would be shot down in the streets by a white police officer. Both teens, filled with vengeance, become emancipated and live together. They marry when they turn 18. By the time they were 19, Erik had graduated from a naval academy and Nyssa was planning their revenge.

Though neither wanted to be separated, Erik left to Afghanistan and eventually joined black-ops, honing his skills in war. He promised he would come back for Nyssa. But she didn't want to sit around and wait for him, so she tried seeking out her father. Weeks later, her older half-sister Talia had came for her, saying their father requests her presence. Nyssa left with her sister to Nanda Parabat and joined the League of Assassins, as her father always intended. For years, she trained under her father and became a high-class, skillful assassin, going only by the name Talibah.