|1|

AS OTHER SOLDIERS WATCHED ON, Nyssa sparred with Talia

AS OTHER SOLDIERS WATCHED ON, Nyssa sparred with Talia. Her sister was armed with a sword and arrows while Nyssa opted for her vibranium chakrum blades. They were a gift from her father on her 21st birthday. She had earned them. Talia tried shooting arrows at her sister, each one being split down the middle by the ring shaped blades. After serving their purpose, they came flying back to her hands due to the small magnets placed underneath her skin.

"Is that all you've got, dear sister?" Nyssa taunted. Talia dropped her bow and snatched her sword from off her back. The two engaged in hand to hand combat, pushing each other's limit. "If that's what you think, then your a fool" Talia spun with the sword, knocking off the silver mask and nicking her sisters cheek. Nyssa growled and threw her blade, cutting Talia's arm. If they were playing for blood then she was going to win.

As Talia gripped her arm, obviously taken aback, Nyssa sent a spinning kick towards her chest. The older sibling went flying back, hitting the wall. She struggled a bit to sit up and looked down at her arm before glaring up at Nyssa. "Don't worry, it's just skin" She said, wiping the blood from her face onto her sleeve and snatching up her mask to put back on. Talia obviously angered, pushed herself up off the wall with her sword in hand. As she ran at Nyssa, the large metal doors swung open.

Both women, believing it to be their father, stopped and stood side-by-side with their hands clasped behind their back. Once they did not see his towering figure, they relaxed. The crowd parted and they were greeted by two of their soldiers, bringing in a man with a black bag over his head. They made the man drop to his knees once they were before Nyssa and Talia.

"Our apologies for interrupting, Masters. We found this man snooping around the borders in the mountains. He said he wanted to speak with The Great Talibah" One of them says through the black mask that covered everything but his eyes. "I say you kill him where he kneels" Talia speaks. "Take off the bag, I prefer to look a man in the eye when he dies" Nyssa says, raising her blade to the man.

The soldiers snatched the bag from off of the mans head. Though no one could see it, Nyssa's features had softened at the sight of him. His blank face formed into a smile as he spoke. "Miss me?" He asked. Erik hadn't changed much besides the dreadlocks that cascaded down one side of his face. Her hands sweated in her gloves as she dropped her arm to her side. "Do you know him, sister?" Talia asked. Ignoring her, Nyssa reached behind her and placed her blades on her back. She then pulled off her mask revealing the face of the woman Erik loved.

"Yes, I know him" It felt as if the wedding ring she wore on a plain chain was burning through her chest, "Do me a favor and do not tell father about this, ok?" Talia nodded. "And I assume you will all do the same. Correct?" No one in the room spoke a word. She took the silence as agreement. Nyssa took the restraints off Erik and placed a hand on his arm, guiding him out of the room. He went to speak but she placed a finger to her lips. Once they made it to her room and shut the door, Erik quickly kissed her.

She responded by wrapping her arms around his neck. His lips felt exactly the same as they did all those years ago. He missed her delicate touch and she his. They pulled away and he looked at her. Really looked at her. He tipped his head towards her. "You're bleeding" He says. Nyssa took off her black leather gloves, showing her pale, dainty hands. She wiped at the blood once again, "I'll be fine".

Nyssa places her gloves and her mask on the table by the door, then moved to sit on the chest in-front of  her bed. Erik walked around her room. This had been her life for the past six years. He had heard of her throughout the Middle East. The Great Talibah, a ruthless assassin located somewhere near the Hindu Kush Mountains with the League of Assassins. He knew it was Nyssa. It had to be.  Once he got out of the Black Ops, he traveled East and found Nanda Parabat. They had finally been reunited.

He came back just as he said he would. "So you joined the family business after all, huh?" Erik asked, sitting next to her. Nyssa nudged him in the rib with her elbow. "What happened to the girl who couldn't stand death, who was tired of it?" He asked. "Things changed. She grew up" She replied. "I can see that" Erik smirked and leaned back, looking her up and down, "Y'all niggas up here living comfortably". She rolled her eyes, "Because no one knows we're here. There's nothing for hundreds of miles around here".

"I know, this shit was difficult to find. And that girl, she's your sister?" He asked. "Half-sister, but yes, Talia" Nyssa said, "Erik, something's different. You came as you said you would, but there's more. Tell me." "T'Chaka is dead. He was killed a week ago. And T'Challa will become King soon. Which means it's time" She knew exactly what he was talking about. "But the question is are you still down?" He asked, looking her deep in the eyes and pulling the chain out from under his shirt with his wedding band and the ring his father gave him on it. Nyssa did the same and laced her hand through his, "Always". He pulled her into his lap, kissing her. "But, it's gonna be difficult as fuck to get my father to let me leave" She said.