Chapter 19

Nico was wheeled into Will's room an hour after the blond haired boy had woken up. They looked at each other silently before Nico crawled into bed beside the boy. They spent the day cuddled together, some tears and smiles involved, watching a crappy sitcom on TV. There wasn't one single word between the two but Nico could read Will well. They had both actually gone through that place. They had danced for the second time, and the Devil hadn't been needed.

Their families didn't disrupt them or force them apart, for which they were grateful. They had a lot of lonely years to make up for. With both of them still alive, now was the time.

They didn't speak until the second night, when Will asked Nico what he wanted to watch. They settled on the Olympics, with Nico memorized by the figure skaters. "If I could feel my legs, that's what I would do. I'd be one of them."

"You'd be an amazing skater." Will kissed the top of Nico's head. "Maybe our kid will be, one day."

Talking about future kids turned into one of Nico's favorite things.

Will eventually got out of the hospital but never went back to dancing. He told Nico it was only full of bad memories, but Nico could notice why Will was hesitant. To love a sport more than your significant other was something too dangerous to bury yourself in, if you could help it.

A year after they got back together, Will bought a house for the two of them and surprised Nico after dinner one night. It wasn't big, had only two bedrooms, and was in the middle of a small neighborhood. But it had a ramp leading up to the doors and no staircases to worry about. In their bedroom, Nico found an engagement ring on the bed. The next morning when Will was at work, Nico found a crib in the spare bedroom.

The agreed on adopting a baby, a small human they could raise from the beginning. As the adoption papers went through, they made a nursery perfect for any baby. They ended up adopting a two-month-old girl by the name of Bianca.

They didn't fight again, Nico wasn't plagued with nightmares, and they had a happy life in their small home. They didn't force any belief on Bianca but continuously reminded her that some things could be dangerous. That some things weren't supposed to be done, even in the name of love.