CHAPTER 1

WARNING: SPG po. Sorry for the words.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Ok... tell me about yourself."

That stupid question again.

iritadong binalingan niya ang kaibigang si Katherine na nakikisawsaw sa interview na ginagawa niya ngayon.

as of now, isa palang ang pumapasang applicant sakanya ng sumingit ito.

"Im X-xandra. Xandra Hermosa p-po?, 21 years of age. ahm im.. im from cavite.and.. and-"

"ok Xandra, we will call you after reviewing your portfolio. You may now leave."
putol ko sa sinasabi nito.

hindi makapaniwalang tinignan siya ng kaibigan.

"What?"

"Let her finish-"

"No."
She shook her head.
sumasakit na kasi ang ulo niya.

"Ms. Im not yet done."

"It doesn't matter at all."

"But-"

i raise my left hand to stop the applicant for complaining.

tinitigan niya itong mabuti.
She's pretty and sexy. but its not enough.
"Your applying as a model here right?"

"Y-yes ma'am."
napapasong naglayo ito ng tingin sa kanya.

binalingan niya ang kaibigan at mukhang nakuha na nito ang point niya.
"Ms. Hermosa, your pretty and sexy.
But If you're truly serious about becoming a Fashion model, you have to accept the fact that you'll also going to be a role model for young and adult girls out there. When they look at you, they want to see a reflection of beauty. Inner beauty to be exact.
and most especially, confidence, that's very much important Ms. Hermosa. So it's your prime job to portray that.. but sadly to say, I didn't saw it on you.
Sorry but I think you should Focus first in building your self esteem before you enter the world of stardom, or else..
you'll be left broken by other peoples' opinions."

Well totoo naman kasi. Kung kulang ang self confidence mo, hindi ka tatagal sa mundo ng modeling or stardom.
lalo na ngayon at grabe ang mga tao kung manghusga.
konting flaws. panget agad.
konting peklat, kulugo agad.
konting wringkels, ugod ugod na agad.
At iyon ang ayaw nilang magkakaibigan.
ang madown ang mga models nila dahil lang sa mga walang kwentang opinyon ng ibang tao.
thats why they are picking a model who has a lot of confidence in herself and self respect.
And it doesn't matter if the model is shorter, bigger or slimmer than the other traditional model, as long as they have the best self-confidence and good attitude, they are all welcome in our company.

Katherine Exhale.
"Give her a chance."

"Fine. do you have an objective as you persue becoming a fashion model?"

"Objective po?"

"Yes. Objective.
You know kasi Ms. Hermosa, as a fashion model you must know your goals and objectives. Hindi kasi pwede ang gusto mo lang ay rumampa ng rumampa. "

"Sorry ma'am."
Bagsak ang balikat na nagbaba ito ng tingin.

"Dont be sorry. take that as a challenge. Come back here if you already gain the confidence that I am talking about."
She said with a half smile on her lips.

"Yes Ms. Jamae. Thank you for all what have you said. I will keep that in mind. Maraming salamat po uli."
Anito saka tinungo ang daan palabas.