Chapter 18

Sam's POV

"SAMMY!!" Colby barged into my room and scared the crap out of me.

"Oh. My. GOD COLBY!"

"Wake up pretty boy." He started laughing and waving a shirt in my face. "Do I have to?" I asked.
"Yeeeees. It's your birthday and I woke up waaay earlier than 6 to get all of the really awesome things together for you, because I looove you." He said.
"That's really nice. You know you don't have to do anything big and expensive." I said.
"Well, I went all out. Be prepared Sam." He kissed my cheek.
"See this is why I like you so much." I said, grabbing the shirt quickly.

The shirt said, "Colby's Property".
"You're serious?" I laughed.
"Oh yeeah. I want people to know you're mine."
"Oh my gosh."

After I got dressed, we both went downstairs and out to his car.

It was still dark out, and a little chilly.

"Here you go my love." Colby opened the passenger door for me, but started laughing at himself being so weird.
"Thank you my Bean." I said, getting into the car and buckled my seatbelt.

Once he got in, he started the car and the radio was blasting so loudly we had to cover our ears.

"Oooh oooh." Colby turned the radio down all the way super fast.
"Gosh darn it Colby why'd you have it up so loud in the first place?"
"I don't know." He laughed.

"Where are we going Bean?" I asked.
"You'll see Sam."

*****

"Ok Sammy. We are here!" Colby said, unbuckling.
"Ookk..." I said, doing the same.

He held my hand as we got out of the car. He parked in front of a hill.

Just a random hill on the side of the road. "Why are we at a hill Colby?"
"You'll see."

"Follow me." So I did.
Once we got the side of the hill that isn't facing the street, I was jaw dropped.

The whole side was painted.
Painted?
A pride flag.
The whole thing.

"Oh my God damn chicken nuggets." I said.
"Tah dah!!" He wrapped his arms around me, and smiled so big.
"You did this?" I asked.
"Totally."
"That must've taken ages Bean."
"Yyeeeaah. But luckily I have Spotify to keep me entertained."

I smiled and got out my phone to take a picture of the rainbow hill.

"This is just the beginning Sam."
"Really? How much time did you have?" I asked, still in awe of the prideful hill.
"Breakfast. On top of the hill, I set up some picnicy stuff." He said.
"Hhm." I began to run up the hill.
The top of it was flat and big enough for us both.

"Blueberry pancakes, syrup, orange juice, oranges, and grapes?" I said.
"Oh yeah." Colby said, stuffing his mouth full of pancakes.

"You're ridiculous Colby." I laughed.

We ate the delicious food and then kissed a little. (OoooooOoooo that's hot.)

"It's now 9:52 am Sam Golbach."
"Nice to know."
"That means we're leaving. I have tons more planned."

Back to the car we go.

*****

"We're here." Colby put the car in park.
"This the very first place we started hanging out at in LA." The place was this cute little old-school diner.
"Yup. They have the best chili fries." Colby and I would always get the chili fries because they're just so darn good.
"We haven't been here in a while." I sighed.
"True. I missed this place. I wonder if Mr. T still works here." Colby said, kindly opening the door for me.

"Sam! Colby! Haven't seen you 2 in loooong while. How've you been?" Mr. T greeted us.
"We've been really good. Today's Sam's birthday!" Colby said.
"Well then, happy birthday Sam."
"Thank you." I shyly said.
"What's new with y'all?" Mr. T asked us.
"Well, me and Sam are dating now, so that's pretty cool. And I'm taking Sam out today to go do tons of cool things." Colby said, grasping my hand a little harder than usual.
"Oh, well congratulations to you both. Oh! What do you want to eat?" Mr. T laughed a bit.
"You know us."
"Chili fries." We all said in unison.
"It's on the house fellas." He said, going into the kitchen to make the fries and chili.

Colby found a nice booth to sit at by the window facing the busy street in downtown. So, he had on that grey ripped t-shirt, black ripped skinny jeans, a beanie, and some Vans. He looked like my emo boyfriend and I loved it.

"Sam." Colby said.
"Bean?" I asked, grinning.
"I'm glad to have you in my life. First of all, I would not be who I am today if it wasn't for you. I wouldn't be going on these super cool exploration trips, or have a mansion, or be doing YouTube. You inspired me to do it all. Secondly, you're such a big inspiration to me and tons of others. You're this funny, sweet, caring, and not to mention hot guy that is just too good for this world. But I'm glad I get to have you in my life. You've been a big help to me in those hard times. Sam, I really do love you." Colby was so red.

"Wow. I'm glad to have you too Colby. And I love you too." He leaned across the table and kissed me.

"Am I interrupting something?" Mr. T asked, clearly uncomfortable.

We unlocked lips and faced him.
"Oh uhhh no. It's fine." I said.
"Um here are your fries."
"Thank you Mr. T." I said, and he set the plate of chili fries onto the table.

Colby laughed awkwardly and looked down at his shoes. "Bean, t-the fries are fresh." I said, trying to lighten things up. "Yeeeah." Colby said, picking a few off the plate and into his mouth.
"Oh my God they're soooo good." Colby said, tilting his head back because they're so good.

So then we ate the fries in peace.

I looked at the time on my phone to see it's now 10:38.
"Do we have to go now?" I asked, putting a fry into my mouth.
"Whenever you're done we will. I'm full." Colby said, leaning back onto the back of the booth, patting his stomach, and winced.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
"Yeah. It still hurts but less than it did." He said.
"If you feel like you need to go to the doctor anytime, tell me. Ok?"
"Ok. I promise."

"Ok, I'm done." I said, sliding out of the booth. Colby did the same.
"Bye Mr.T!!" We shouted, and headed out the door.

"Where to next?" I asked. Downtown is so cute. The old brick buildings, shops, and just everything is in walking distance and it's great.

"I'm not telling you obviously."
"Ugh ok." I groaned.

We drove in the car for 30 or 40 minutes, and I'm still clueless as to where we're going.

"Um, I think we're here." He said, searching around.
"What do you mean, you think?" I asked.
"I mean, I'm pretty sure we're here."
"Um oook.."  I said, not convinced.

"Let's get out." Colby said and unlocked the car so we could get out.

We were in the middle of no where.
"Are we exploring some abandoned place Bean?" I asked smiling.
"Uuuhhh! Yeah." He sighed.
"YEAH!" I cheered.

1,235 words.

To be continued....