April Fools special

Is this a joke update? Maybe, maybe not. Enjoy!

***

Marisol woke to the sound of running feet down the dorm hallway. She grudgingly crawled out from between the sheets and trudged to her slightly open door. Yawning, she pushed open the door, only to have a bucket land over her head, smearing bubbling goo all over her head and shoulders.
She threw the bucket from her head, wiping the Yellow slop from her eyes. Her messy bun dripped Yellow onto the floor.

"ETHAN!" Marisol yelled down the hallway. She suddenly noticed a rainbow of colored footprints headed down the hallway toward the cafeteria. Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple, and Pink feet left marks that only disappeared behind the corner of the hallway. Marisol took a step and her foot left a perfect yellow footprint on the floor.

She took off running in the direction of the other footprints, screeching to a halt as she realized the entire hallway had been carved out , being replaced with an enormous ball pit. Melanie lay exhausted in the middle of the pit along with Ariel. A chasm of melted plastic marked Emily's progress as she neared the end of the hallway. Sydney simply walked along a stream of water that she continually manipulated in front of her. Easton was barely visible as he used his incredible strength to swim his way down the hall. Shandon appeared next to Marisol with a bag if popcorn, crunching away as he watched everyone struggle their way through the pit.

      "Popcorn?" Shandon asked nonchalantly.
        "Nah, I'm good, but I will take this!" Marisol quickly grabbed Shandon's outstretched wrist, a blue light traveling down his arm and coming to rest in one of the tiny jar tatoos on Marisol's arm. Shandon crumpled and Marisol quickly grabbed him and phased to the other side of the ball pit, dropping him off. She quickly phased to each of her schoolmates, touching wrists until everyone was passed out on the cafeteria side of the ball pit. Marisol studies her unconscious schoolmates and emptied each jar tattoo.
         Everyone began waking up, rubbing their heads and groaning. Shandon's eyes popped open and he began to whimper, curling up into the fetal postition. Melanie sat up and looked over at Marisol. She concentrated and immediately burst into flames. Her clothes valiantly lasted about three seconds and Marisol was sent to the floor laughing as Melanie shrieked and attempted to cover her flaming naked form. Ariel woke up and instead of sitting up she ended up on the ceiling, falling and disappearing again right as she was about to hit the floor. Every time Ariel took a purple footprinted step after appearing by the wall, she ended up in a random point along the hallway, which was soon covered in oddly placed purple footprints. Sydney woke and immediately turned so stone, Easton waking beside her in a puddle of water that just wouldn't get off him. Easton began shaking his limbs in an attempt to get all the water off, only succeeding in making Marisol laugh harder. Emily woke up slowly, rubbing her head groggily.
        "April Fools everyone!" Marisol giggled.
        "Give me back my powers Marisol!!" Melanie shrieked. "AND SOMEBODY FIND ME SOME CLOTHES!!"
        Ethan poked his head around the corner of the cafeteria door, his jaw dropping as he took in the scene. His gaze stopped on Melanie and she started yelling.
        "Quit staring and get me some clothes you pervert!" The fire on Melanie began to shape itself, becoming nearly solid over the parts of her she was covering. Realizing what was happening, Melanie quickly covered herself in flame, stalking into the cafeteria, leaving a trail of charred pink footprints in her wake.
          Ariel finally appeared next to Marisol, who grabbed her ankle, taking back the tiny light. Ariel slumped gratefully against the wall, glad to finally be in one place and feeling quite motionsick.
          Marisol gave everyone's powers back to their owners, all except Melanie, who couldn't get herself cool enough to touch yet. Emily was slumped against the table, exhausted without her firepower.
         Ethan stood at the head of the table.
         "Marisol, I think we can all agree that if you never do that again, we won't prank each other anymore today."
        "I'll agree on one condition. Will this yellow stuff come out of my hair?" A murmur of assent went around the table and Ethan visibly gulped.
         "...Yes?"