VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE PLEASE READ!!!

As many of you know by now, I posted an alternate ending to KNOCKOUT. While the goal was to have people heartbroken with the original ending, it has been a few years since I wrote it and decided I wanted to revisit Holden and Tatum's complicated lives. And, as many of you pointed out, after all the shit Tatum went through, she deserved a happy ending. Soooooo, in the alternate ending, that's what I did.

But it wasn't enough. 

You see, after writing the happy blurbs and the alternate ending, I knew something was missing. Tatum's story might be over and she might have gotten what she needed (even though she lost a lot along the way), but I introduced a new character in the alternate ending.

So here's the thing. I am writing a kinda-sequel. It isn't the traditional sequel where it's from Tatum's POV, but it does happen in the same world, and many of the characters from before will make an appearance, as well as the new characters I've created.

BRAWL will follow the story of Elijah Samuels, Holden and Tatum's son (from the alternate ending), and part of his life is tangled with Ella, Sterling's daughter. Maggie will be a big part of the sequel, and there's a chance that this sequel might end up being more than one book long. I don't know yet. I've only written a little of it, but I wanted to share it with you guys because you are the most incredible support system a writer can have.

Without further ado, here is a VERY VERY small preview of BRAWL to get you excited (expect the full first chapter this week):

Step right, step left, jab.

ACDC surrounds me, echoing off the walls of the gym. Although this music is a little too mellow for my usual taste, something about Back in Black always puts me in the mood to swing. With each thrust, each drop of sweat onto my forehead, the punching bag swings further and further away from me.

Step right, step left, jab.

"Pick it up, Elijah." My dad cranks the music down and even though I don't turn to look at him, I know he's taking small steps toward me. He's always done this. He somehow has a knack for knowing when one of us comes down here to train, and he doesn't know how to let us do it in peace.

Not all of us are in it to be professionals. But of course, I don't tell him that.