Transfer to Hogwarts

Edited/Rewritten: June 7th 2019

"(Y/n) Rivergold. To the head mistress' office, there is someone to see you." Groaning, I slid out of my chair, bumping my hip on the corner of my desk. Everyone stared at me as I sighed and exited the room. I walked down the maze of hallways, my hands placed on my hip where I hit it. Once I passed the rows and rows of lockers the few bins and plants, I stopped in front of the head mistress' office. I quietly knocked on the door and waited to be called in.
"Come in!" Her soft voice called, I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. The first thing I noticed was the woman dress in a dark green robe. I smiled to her as I closed the door.
"You asked to see me?" I stated, sounding more like a question. The blonde headteacher nodded before speaking.
"This is Professor Minerva McGonagall. She teaches at a private school in the country. You've been accepted into it." I stood still in my spot as the professor handed me a letter. Carefully I opened the envelope and read the ink staining the parchment.

Dear Ms.Rivergold,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall.
Deputy headmistress.

I turned my attention back to the envelope and pulled out the list. I scanned over it and smiled. I returned the pages to the place they came from. I looked toward the, who I assumed, witch, she smiled and gave me a small nod.
"Shall we get going?" She asked. I nodded and bid farewell to my, now former, headteacher. I went to my locker and collected my stuff before we headed to a place called 'Diagon alley.'

"First we'll get your books and then we'll get you a pet. After that we will go and find you a wand, Okay?" McGonagall asked. I nodded before asking a question, curious to the answer.
"We're my parents wizards?" She looked at me confused as we walked. I understood and stated their names.
"Elizabeth and Zachery Rivergold." She smiled.
"Yes. Both exceptional wizards." I nodded, understanding where my skill came from. We walked into a few book stores before we had collected all of my needed books for my time at Hogwarts. I was told I would be joining the third year.

After choosing a pet or companion, we entered Ollivanders, my new black kitten in my arms. The bell rang as I pushed open the door, catching the attention of the shop owner.
"Miss Rivergold I assume?" I nodded, confirming his suspicions. He nodded and began looking through the hundred of long, thin boxes stacked up on the shelves. He pulled out a rather short box and pulled out a wand. He handed it to me and papers flew everywhere.
"Maybe not." He stated before we repeated the process a few more times. Handing me yet another wand he described it to me.
"13 and 3/4 inches, a Phoenix feather core and made with Elm wood." I nodded in understanding and took the wand, gently, from the box. Wind, gracefully, blew through the store as I gripped the wand in my right hand. The wand itself was black adorned with green patterns trailing halfway down. A small white gem sat at the end.
"Ah, a perfect wand." He stated while I smiled.
"Thank you for picking this out!" I thanked him for his help and we continued on our way.
__________________________
**************************
Upon arriving at the school we were guided to the main hall. Unfortunately, I was separated from the third year students and taken to the headmasters office.
"Miss Rivergold, If you would, please come sit." He asked.
"Professor Dumbledore, Your headmaster." Professor McGonagall introduced, I nodded and took a seat. A hat was placed on my head and I giggled when it started talking. Almost instantly it announced a house name.
"Slytherin!" I smiled and removed the hat, handing it to the female professor. Using a quick spell, she changed my clothes into that of the Slytherin uniform. I had been changed from jeans and a flannel into a short grey skirt, black lace up boots, a white button up shirt, a green and silver striped tie, a black 'V' neck jumper and the Slytherin robe. I rolled my jumper sleeves up to my elbows and rolled my robe to the around my waist. I smiled and spun in a quick circle before feeling happy with my appearance. I flicked my (h/l) (h/c) hair over my shoulders, and Dumbledore warped the three of us, and the sorting hat, into the great hall. I looked to the headmaster who nodded, so I went and sat at the long Slytherin table and next to an auburn/brown haired girl.
"You're a third year, right?" She squealed. "Pansy Parkinson." She continued, holding out her hand. Shaking it, I introduced myself,
"(Y/n) Rivergold.", before Dumbledore told us to silence ourselves. The choir sat down as he continued to speak.
"Psst, Potter!" A bleach blonde whispered, leaning off of the bench to speak clearly to Harry Potter.
"Is it true you fainted? I mean, you actually fainted?" He continued as the boy next to him pretended to faint. Feeling sympathetic, I kicked the blonde in the shin under the table. I sent him a dirty look as Harry was turned back around by his ginger friend. We were told that Remus Lupin would be our newest teacher as well as Hagrid. Hagrid would be teaching 'Care for magical creatures.'
"Hogwarts will play host to the dementors of Azkaban until Sirius Black is captured." That they would be stationed at every entrance etc, etc, etc.
__________________________
We filed out of the great hall in large groups, chattering away as we did so, heading to our common rooms and dorms. For this year I found our I'd be rooming with Pansy, so upon reaching our dorm I opened the door to our room. To be quite honest, it was boring and bland. I looked to Pansy who sighed and shared the same smirk I did. I nodded and we pulled out our wands, quickly casting a spell, changing the room ever so slightly. Once done we stood and admired our work. Dark blue walls. Lush green double beds and the view from our window was beautiful. Considering we had the dungeon, or lower area, of the school, we got a lovely view of under the black lake, where the merfolk were. I strolled over to my suitcases and began unpacking my stuff, moving my clothes into the dresser, school supplies onto a table and my wand and other necessities onto a table beside my bed. Once changed into my pyjamas I slipped under the duvet and mumbled a goodnight to Pansy, to which she returned.
__________________________
It had rained through most of the night and so the grounds were rather damp and wet. Our first class was something. I checked my schedule and I saw that I had in fact got a free period. I decided I'd roam the school with Pansy and a couple other Slytherin girls. We talked for ages as we wandered around.
"So, (y/n). You're new so we wanted to ask your opinion on something." One of the two asked, I nodded.
"Who do you think is better looking, Marcus flint or Draco Malfoy?" I looked to Pansy for help and she just smiled, urging me to answer.
"I don't know. Is Draco the blonde one?" They all sighed and rolled their eyes, although nodding.
"You've got to pick one!" The blonde girl stated. I sighed in defeat.
"Okay...Uhm...definitely Draco." The three of them gave an approving nod and we continued walking, myself being utterly confused. By the time we had finished talking it was time for our next lesson, Care for magical creatures.