In Which... (14)

In Which…

The Mighty Fall In Love

“I thought this was a sleepover Bonnie, where are we going?” I asked as we left Bonnie’s house, after her dressing us both up in the gayest, flamboyant outfits we had.

“You, Eve, my darling, are going to your first gay club.”

“Bonnie! No… Bonnie, what if someone pukes on me? Or it’s crowded and I lose you and get flirted with or something?”

“Well, you’re hopeful, aren’t you?” Bonnie winked, tugging on my hand and leading me down the road.

“Bonnie, you know I didn’t mean it that way.” I stared at her pointedly, and she laughed, clutching my hand a little tighter. “Anyway, it’s two in the morning, isn’t this a little dangerous?”

“We’re both legal to drink, Eve. We’re adults and thus we can go to gay club at two am if we please.”

“Well I bet you’ve already been there hundreds of times, you’ll probably know every girl there!”

“Don’t get jealous on me, Eve, we’ve been friends for two years and we haven’t fought yet.”

Yeah, I thought darkly, only friends. For two freaking years I’ve liked Bonnie, and we’re still only friends.

“Plus,” Bonnie continued, “You were a late bloomer. I was showing signs of lesbianism when I was five years old. I used to go around trying to kiss all the girls in my primary school.”

“Oh my God, Bonnie, you’ve always had such a way with the ladies.”

“That’s not true, actually,” Bonnie mused, “The head teacher had to call up my mum and tell her I was displaying inappropriate behaviour because I was making the little girls cry. I, personally, don’t think I’m that bad at kissing, but hey ho.”

“I’m sure you’re amazing.” I said. Bonnie looked at me, a blush rising up her cheeks and I let out a strangled laugh, suddenly feeling her nails push slightly into the skin of my hand where she held it.

“Well, we’re here!” Bonnie announced, hand sweaty in mine, but still retaining the same warmth and tight hold as it had before.

Before I had time to protest, Bonnie was dragging me through the door where I could heard loud, bass-type music being played, the smell of sweat and alcohol and women kissing on every side of me.

“Woah…” I breathed out in awe and bliss. Bonnie turned round from where she was slightly in front of me, leading me to the dance floor, and shot me a wide smile, and every sparkle in her eyes seemed so much prominent now, the way her grin seemed to shine with happiness, her body was a canvas, and I wanted to mark it with my colour.

We didn’t leave each other the whole night, only needing each other as we danced, laughter bubbling from our lips, feet aching, drink always in hand, head buzzed and so much pride I felt I would burst if I didn’t just kiss her.

So, I did.

I pulled my arms around her, brought her closer to me. And then I kissed Bonnie.

And she kissed me back.

So I kissed her fifty-two more times. All of which she recuperated with wide eyes and a smirk.