In Which... (15)

In Which...

The Story Ends

Jo also found herself increasingly lonely since Bonnie and Eve had started dating - now they went out alone as a couple, and although not much had changed, Jo felt left out because all they did was cuddle. It had been kind of cute, at first, but now, she couldn't bear to see the lovesick grins on their faces, their feet tangling as they lay stretched out on the sofa, the cheerful banter.

That was why Jo found herself alone on a Saturday evening, going out alone to the store to buy a crap-ton of junk food and then stuff her face with it while watching Jackass and feeling lonely (and also, damn, she missed Ryan Dunn like crazy). The store was kind of deserted, but Jo had a purpose and wasn't going to vacillate. She marched right towards the crisp aisle, suddenly hit with all the choice. She found herself comparing prices (like a proper grown-up, she mused) when two pairs of feet stopped in front of her, and then a voice she would recognise even in a thunder storm, spoke up,

"Hey, Jo."

Jo looked up, nearly dropping her value tortilla chips, and then slipped a small smile onto her face when she saw Tyler Matthews standing before her, holding hands with a guy she presumed to be his boyfriend.

"Hey, Tyler, and -" Jo trailed off when she realised she didn't know Tyler's boyfriend's name.

"Oh, hi, I'm Carlos."

"Hi, Carlos." Jo mumbled, nodding slightly at the good-looking dark-skinned man before her, his russet eyes twinkling.

"Um, so Jo," Tyler spoke up, "I heard about Bonnie and Eve. Is it true they're a couple now? I mean, it only took 'em two years! We all knew it would happen!"

Jo confirmed it with a smile, and somewhere not so far off, stars twinkled above the heads of Bonnie and Eve, stretched out in Eve's backyard, both with a can of cider and hands entwined lazily beneath the dimming porch light.

That is how the mighty fall in love, anyway.