ch.3

I'm sitting in class doing work when my teacher walked to me and handed me a paper.

"What's this?" I asked holding up the paper.

"It's to go and take a test at a college." She sighed, while looking at me.

"Am I the only one going?"

"No you and some other students are going. Y'all are each taking one test in different subjects against other students. Then after that you can walk around the campus and do whatever until its time to leave." She said as she walked back and sat at her desk.

I nodded my head, then got my paper signed to go, a while later.

When the day came I soon found out Tessa was going and since none of her friends were going she decided to hang with me. Which didn't bother me one bit.

When we got there she had to immediately go and take a test. So I walked with her to her building and room.

"I'm so nervous," She said,"I have no idea how to do any of this."

I looked at her and smiled,"you'll do fine and besides I'm full of good luck and since I'm walking with you, your sure to do great." I said acting all high and mighty, causing a soft laugh from her. She smiled,"I'm probably gonna place last since your full of bad luck." She joked.

"Hey, I am not!" I said nugging her playfully. She giggled,"well this is my room, I'll see you when I'm done."

"Ok and good luck, I believe in you." I said giving her two thumbs up. She smiled and went in the testing room.

I turned around and headed to the wellness center, where my other friends were at.

We shot around and played basketball and I ended up losing track of time.

I was currently trying to do a trick shot when I saw Tessa walking our way and then turned around, I guess she didn't see me, I noticed she pulled out her phone and started typing. Seconds later I got a message from her.

Where are you?

I'm at the wellness center.

My phone started buzzing.

"Hello", I said while smiling.

I was just there and didn't see you.

"Well you didn't look well cause I was." I said jokingly.

Nuh-uh.

"Uh-huh." I said while pacing back and forth smiling.

We continued bickering like that back and forth playfully, until I saw her.

I started waving at her and she smiled and waved back. When she got to us we sat down and talked about how her test went and decided to shoot, which she never does.

We grabbed a ball and started shooting around. She playfully tried to show me up, which was adorable.

There were other people shooting with us, but I totally forgot they were there, because all I could pay attention to was Tessa and how cute she looked shooting the ball.

After a while she got tired of shooting, mainly because she couldn't make a certain shot so she went to pout. I laughed and gave the ball to someone else and sat by her.

She was on her phone texting someone. I glanced and saw the name, Dillon. My heart dropped a little, because one I knew who that was and two she only texts boys when she likes someone. Maybe they're just texting as friends. Nothings going on between them right.

I decided not to say anything and ignore it. We started talking some more and she noticed a bracelet on my wrist.

I looked down and told her why I wore it, which she found amusing. She grabbed my hand, which caught me by surprise and took it off and started messing with it. She then gave it back and put it back on my wrist. I watched her the whole time she was putting it back on, but remembered other people were there too, so I quickly averted my eyes.

It was finally my time to take my test so I asked her to walk me to my test in which she agreed and followed me.

We talked about normal thing, then to my surprise she asked, "so do you have any special guy you like right now?"  

I looked up at the sky and decided to try and make her jealous, I looked at her and said,"well I did like this one guy."

She just nodded her head,"and do you still like him." I smirked,"not really, I only like him as a friend now."

"Oh ok." She said staring straight in front of her.

"What about?" I asked. She paused then continued, "There's no one I like right now." My heart dropped. She's lying she paused before she answered. That and it's obvious when she's lying.

I just nodded my head and continued talking changing the subject while I was at it. Once we got to my testing room she wished me luck and left.

The day was over and when we all got on the bus our teacher told us what place we got in. I of course placed 20th out of 70 people and Tessa to know surpise, got 1st out of 35 people. I knew she could do it.

I turned to look at her, "See I told you, it's because I was your good luck." She just made a face and smiled.