The Beginning

"You go first," said Amanda to her friend Caroline.

This was the last house in the town of Sleepy Hollow that was still abandoned, and the scariest house there. Rumors said the house was haunted. The girls had been dared by their friend Sarah to go in and spend the night.

"I'm not going into the spook house alone!" screamed Caroline, "Let's go in together!"

So the two slowly approached the creepy building. They quietly passed the old black fence. Terrified as they quietly crept across the long winding path trying not to think about the fact that the house was built practically on top of a cemetery. Finally, they got to the front door of the spook house amazed that they had gotten to the door alive.

"Okay, we open the door on three." Caroline whimpered.

"One, Two, Three." The two said at the same time.

The door was heavy. It creaked loudly as the girls pushed it open. They slowly crept inside while the door creaked as it closed and finally slammed shut with a bang that made both of them jump.

"Oh, why did we have to agree to this game of Halloween truth or dare?" Amanda whispered

"Well, it's too late to turn back now," Caroline whispered back. Trying to sound braver than she felt, she added, "We have to go through with this."

As the two walked deeper into the old spook house it seemed to get creepier by the minute. The house was filled with dusty old paintings they guessed were of the former owners of the house. At one point they thought they had seen the eyes of a picture follow them! As they approached the stairs the sudden coldness hit them like a smack in the face.

"This is really creepy," whispered Amanda.

"All we have to do is get out in the morning alive and it's over we never have to come back here again," Caroline whispered back.

"Oh, that's a comforting thought."

"You can go back if you want to, but I'm not leaving until morning."

"I can't tell if you are the bravest, the craziest, or the stupidest person I've ever met."

"I might be a little bit of all of those things. Are you leaving or staying?"

"This is a very stupid thing to do, but I can't let you do it alone."

So they carefully walked up the old dark creaking steps. Wishing more and more that they had not agreed to do Halloween truth or dare. Then just as they reached the top of the stairs they started hearing moans. Almost as if there were ghosts all around them. They only found one bedroom that was still usable, so they had to share.

"I think it's kind of a good thing we have to share this room." said Caroline, "I mean if we were in separate rooms and the ghost got one of us the other wouldn't know to go for help until it would be too late."

"Do you really have to talk about that," Amanda said.

Later when Amanda went into the bathroom to brush her teeth on the mirror she saw a message it said:

"Help Me!" in dripping red letters! It almost looked like blood.

She ran screaming out of the old dusty bathroom to tell Caroline about it. When she got back Caroline started screaming, "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!"

"I just found something on the mirror! It said Help Me in dripping red letters! I think it might have been blood." Screamed Amanda.

They ran in to look at it but when they got back to the bathroom. It was gone as if it had vanished into thin air.