The Dungeons

"I have to find a way out of this. But how?" Amanda thought.

The real Amanda had been sent to a strange world that looked like something straight out of a fairytale. Actually, it looked more like something out of every fairytale. At least it looked like a fairytale world through the window in her cell. Amanda had not only been sent to a strange world, she had been sent to a mirror prison!

Amanda was trapped. She'd had a nightmare. She had dreamed of walking up to the mirror and hearing a beautiful voice calling her, and it seemed safe. She felt something pulling her close until she stood right in front of it, and reaching out her hand she reached into the mirror and then everything went black. When she woke up, she was in this strange place with nothing but the journal with the big red flower on top. When she woke up she screamed and yelled for hours, hoping as much as any living thing could that someone would hear. But no one came, and Amanda realized that she truly was stuck there.

Finally, she grew restless and decided to open the book and read it as a way to pass the time until someone came. The minute she touched the cover of the book opened and, though Amanda was curious about how the book opened by itself, she decided it was the least of her worries and started reading. The story went like this:

Dear diary,

My name is Laverna. I am but an ordinary young girl except for one thing. I have powers, strange powers, dark powers. I am afraid of them for they are stronger than me and can make me do horrible things. Things that I didn't even know I was capable of. Things that I would never do if I was given the choice. I have been told that one day these powers will be my downfall. The only thing that can contain or control them is the red flower that I will place on this book. Whoever finds this journal I wish you luck and I hope that you find this before I am too far gone.

Sincerely Laverna

"If I can ever get out of here it's probably too late to stop Laverna, but maybe I can still imprison her... Hopefully."

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Spiderwebs were torn and flying in the soft evening breeze, a sign that someone had been there before. Caroline had landed in a strange place. It wasn't a dungeon, but more of an attic with no doors, windows or any kind of an entrance, not even a crack in the wall. Which did raise a question.

"If there aren't any entrances then where is that breeze coming from?" Caroline wondered, "I guess I should probably look around for something that can get me out of here."

As Caroline searched she realized that this attic was a lot like the one back at Emma's house, but this one was filled with even stranger things like a cracked skull that appeared to be neither man nor monster but something else entirely, or a strange gemstone that looked like it had the power to destroy a world, a galaxy, or even a universe. She put the jewel back in the box. Eventually, she found a wall covered in what looked like it could have been blood. The wall also had something carved into it. It looked like it was supposed to be a message, but it was in some language that appeared to be from a kingdom that was either long extinct or yet to be. This was the message.

ƒ©¨ø˙¬˙¨ƒ©˙¬∆˙©ƒ¥©¨˙ˆ∆ø∆˙©œ∑'

®†¥¨ˆøπ"'«¡™'ªº–≠«¥ˆ˜¥¥ƒ¥©˙¥¨˙ˆøˆøˆ©†∂'¬˚∆˙©ƒ∂ßåΩ≈çç√∫˜µ≤≥∂©˙ˆ˚ƒßœß©˙˙˚˚˜çΩ圢¶ª˚©ß∫˜˚π......æ∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬∆˚∫˙√©¥çƒ'߆®∂¥ƒ¨©ˆ¨˙∆˚¬µ˜∫˙√©çƒ∂≈†®ƒ¥†©¨¥˙ˆ∆˜˚¬∆∫˙∆√©çƒ©˙√˙∫∆˜˚µ¬∆∫˙√©çƒ†≈∂©çƒ¥©¨√∫˙∆˜øµ˚ ¨®ç˙∫†®ß†∂˙¬...˚ø©˙∆˜∫∆¥√©˙∫∆¬˚µ¬∆˜˜˚¬˜ˆ˜ç∂ø˜ç˚√∫∂¨åßø...ç˚å...¬ßç∆˜∂ç∆˚µå©˙˙¨©∞∂¢∂∞§¶¶ˆ˚∆∫√ç≈ß∂ƒ®©†¥˙¨ˆøπ...≥©˙∂ƒ¨˙∆√ç†