The Red Flower

Another World! The girls and the mysterious black cat were sent by the strange door into a new world.

"Where are we?" Caroline asked.

"It looks like we've entered another realm," Sarah replied.

"Wow." Twila said suddenly, "I think we've crossed over into The Greater Monster Prison. This is the one and only world where truly anything can happen. All of the world's greatest and most dangerous monsters got started and are now imprisoned here."

"Huh?" Emma replied.

"I told you that taking the monster history class was a good idea." Twila said, "I'm the only one here who knows anything about where we are."

"Okay, Okay. You were right. So what part of it are we in now?" Emma asked.

I'd say the hall of fame." replied Twila. "This is where they record all of the greatest most dangerous monsters ever to cross into the human world!"

"Where is the way out?" Sarah asked.

"Actually there have been a lot of exits from the realm of monsters. One of the most frequent is through mirror travel. I think that's how we got here." Twila replied, "It's also the only way a human can safely travel here."

"So we need to find another portal that can send us home by mirror travel," Sarah responded.

"Yes but the only one we can get to from here is The Mirror of Mystery." Twila replied, "But that one has been haunted for years."

"By who?" Caroline and Emma asked together.

"Laverna," Twila whispered.

Suddenly everything went completely dark and quiet as if someone plunged the whole world into complete and utter darkness. None of the girls dared break the silence. Suddenly there's a cackling sound it's all around them. Its voice was a thing of both beauty and evil. Then it stopped as quickly as it started and the silence continued. No light was showing and they knew that none would appear.

"What's happening?" Abbey whimpered.

"I don't know" Caroline whispered.

"The Greater Monster Prison is a place of dark magic." Twila replied bravely, "It will kill any human who enters unless they have something powerful with them. For us, it's the flower. I think it's the very thing used to imprison Laverna in the first place. We need to find shelter before something sees us."

The girls then ran and ran until they reached a graveyard. It was quiet and Twila kept going so the rest followed. As soon as they got to a statue of an angel Twila stopped. She took out the journal, the red flower glowed and the statue moved to the right revealing an entrance to a secret room underground.

"This is where the mirror is hidden," Twila said.

"Why can't we go back the way we came in?" Amanda asked

"That one seemed to be a one-way portal," said Abbey, "We couldn't see any kind of a mirror or a door nearby, so we probably couldn't have gone back that way."

"Okay, are there any other mirrors we can travel through?" asked Emma.

"There are, but they're all too far away." Twila said, "If we try to get to them from where we are, I can almost guarantee that we will all be killed before we even get half-way to the nearest one."

Once they had all climbed through the small entrance they found a small room. The only thing in the room was a door, but it wasn't against the wall, it was standing directly in the center of the room. Caroline walked around it three times just make sure it was what it appeared to be, a freestanding door. Then the cat walked up to the door. It started to purr and rub itself against the door.

Then the door started to change. All of the wood pulled itself into a frame revealing glass in the center. It was a mirror. Then a beautiful woman's face appeared in the mirror. She had pale skin and jet black hair perfectly matching two deep blue eyes. Yet something about her, whether it was her appearance or not, caused you to sense that the woman was completely evil.

"Why have you summoned me!?" the woman said.

The girls didn't answer.

"The consequences of awakening Laverna shall be great!"

"W-what are you going to do?" Caroline asked finally finding her voice.

"ONE OF YOU WILL LOSE YOURSELF ONLY TO HELP FREE ME FROM MY PRISON." Laverna boomed, "BY MORNING ONE OF YOU SHALL BE LOST FOREVER."

Then just as quickly as she appeared Laverna was gone and just as quickly all eyes went towards Twila and the cat.

"So what's she going to do?" asked Amanda

"I don't know! Laverna is the most evil creature ever to enter any world that has ever existed! She's so unpredictable and dangerous that she was free and wreaking havoc on several worlds for over 300 years before she was imprisoned!" Twila shouted.

"Well, we definitely can't travel through the mirror now," Emma said.

"So what do we do?" said Caroline, "We definitely can't go back out there."

"I guess we have to stay here," said Amanda.

"That's a terrible idea," Twila said.

"Do you have a better one?" asked Amanda.

"No."

"I guess we're staying then," said Emma.

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

When they awoke Laverna stood in front of the mirror with Amanda by her side. Amanda had gone deathly pale and her eyes were black. There was something in her appearance that made it obvious she had lost her soul.

"What did you do with Amanda?!"

"I only convinced her to help me escape. Now that I am free you are the only things standing in the way of ultimate power! My powers are weakened but I have just enough magic to scatter you across the lands where you're souls will be lost for eternity just like your friends!"

With that, there was a flash of light and the whole world seemed to be spinning faster, faster. When it stopped the light and hideout were gone and replaced by darkness. It was deeper and darker than anything had any right to be, yet it was still there all the same.