The Secret

Like most of this world's greatest adventures, this one began with a silly question that got a surprisingly useful answer.

"Do you think ghost's go to school?" asked Sarah.

"I don't know. Maybe we can ask Emma when we get to the house." Amanda replied.

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

"Do ghosts have school?" Amanda asked.

"Yes, we do have school." Emma replied, "So do all monsters and magical creatures. Oh, and speaking of which, my friends from school are coming over today."

"Who are they?" Caroline asked.

Just then as if on cue two people walked in. Except they weren't exactly people. They were a werewolf and a vampire.

"These two are Twila and Abbey." Emma said pointing to her friends, "Abbey is the werewolf and Twila's the vampire.

"That explains why she has the umbrella." said Amanda.

"Out of sunscreen," said Twila in a sweet voice.

"We were going to stop at the store on the way home." said Abbey.

"What do you want to do now?" asked Emma, "It's still n hour before my dad gets home."

"Anything we want," Twila said.

"Want to go outside?" asked Amanda.

"Sure," said Emma.

"Stop!" Abbey exclaimed, "Look there's a tunnel under the house."

"Let's explore it!" said Sarah

"No, It could be dangerous." Caroline replied.

But Sarah and Twila were already getting into it.

"Wait!" Twila suddenly shouted, "This isn't a tunnel at all! It's just a hole in the ground! But... there's something here."

Just then a glowing scroll tied with a blue ribbon floated out of the hole! The girls watched as the scroll glowed even brighter, then began to open, and started to talk. Its voice was strong and seemed to radiate power, beauty, and evil, yet somehow still sounded like it was being spoken by a girl of no more than 16 years old.

"Follow these directions and soon you will see, the mischievous familiar that leads you to me." the scroll said, "Look to the place you have never explored, there you will find what the legend implored."

Then the glowing scroll closed and dropped into Caroline's hand.

"What does that mean?" asked Amanda.

"It probably means the one place in this house we never explored." Emma replied, "Which is the attic, so we should probably look there. We should also probably hang on to the scroll. It could be useful later on."

"Well, I guess we're going to the attic," Amanda responded.

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Within five minutes the girls were in the old dusty attic. It was so cluttered that it seemed like they could find anything in the world if they tried hard enough. They found an old mirror. It was an elegant thing. It had the classic wooden frame that looked like it could have been more than 100 years old but didn't have a scratch on it. Then Abbie made the mistake of touching the mirror and was pulled inside it. The other girls instinctively grabbed her other arm and were pulled in with her. Once they were inside the scroll once again rose and glowed. It started to speak the legend with that same strange voice.