Prolouge

Takes Place in 2024 when an apocalypse has been going on for years in France and the only safe place now is in America where there is going to be a plane going off to America in 2026

John's Pov

People are being taken down one by one. It's insane we had 100 people a year ago and over 1000 in 2018 when it started and now we only have four, Lafayette, Mulligan, Alexander, and I. Alexander is my boyfriend and I couldn't live without him. I stared out the window that was being torn by the undead creatures some of them I could recognise which hurt me seeing my friends and family undead. I grabbed my bat as my choice of weapon and swung at some of the zombies that broke in. I was alone. They left me alone I screamed when both windows broke and zombies poured in. Lafayette ran in and started shooting them as I tried to keep others off then one grabbed my arm causing me to thrash and try hitting it, "Laf! Laf! Help!" I yelled starting to cry. Lafayette turned around and shot the zombie before it bit me, "Laf we Can't keep them all off we have to go!" He nodded and grabbed my arm leading me out of the room the door slammed and we started packing our things, "Hamilton! Mulligan!" Lafayette yelled out and they came out of a room they were guarding, "We're leaving, zombies broke in and we Can't survive like this." I explained packing more. Mulligan nodded and grabbed his bag and started packing. Alexander walked over to me, "Did they hurt you?" He asked I nodded grabbing things off a shelf and putting them in a bag, "They grabbed my arm and almost bit me. But, Lafayette saved me." Alexander nodded not looking at my arm. I looked at my arm to see bleeding... 'did it bite me?' I thought to myself, "L-Lexi where are the bandages?" I asked grabbed the last thing I needed, "Why?" he asked I looked down, "I'm bleeding and I-I Think the Zombie bit me..." I held back tears as I knew the virus would spread through my veins. I heard him gasp and then yelled out, "Laf! Get over here quick!" He looked over and started walking towards us, "What is it mon amis? We have to hurry it better be quick." he said. I looked down, "I think the zombie got me." I said and showed my arm. It was bleeding bad and a top row of teeth could be seen imbedded in my skin. He looked at me sadly, "You know what this means right?" I looked up to Alex and saw him holding back tears, "N-No..." Alexander said, "We can't just leave him out there! I love him whether he is undead or alive. I'm sure when he turns he will remember me! He will be safe." Alexander yelled defensively before mumbling something and grabbing the bandages and wrapping my arm up so it would stop bleeding, "And we don't even know if that zombie was carrying it! It might not be full fledged and just turned!" He continued, "You know everything your saying only has a slim chance. Only one out of ten zombies remember anything about their life before hand and most zombies carry the infection after a day they would have had to have gotten bit today and they wouldn't look the way it did! So yeah we have to throw him out! We don't want him to infect us. You threw out Thomas! I loved him and you didn't care! When he got bit you killed him right on site! Why shouldn't I shoot John in the face right now!" Lafayette barked. I looked at Lafayette in fear and held onto Alexander's arm, "L-Lexi please don't I want to spend time with you..."I said, "Peaches, I love you but, you aren't safe here and you could turn." I started sobbing, "L-Lexi Please! Let me stay with you I want to be with you for the last moments of my life please." I said trying to stay calm. Alexander sighed and kissed me I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away sadly, "I'm sorry peaches." He grabbed my hand and squeezed it before throwing me out, he slammed the door and I heard crying from the other side. I saw my bat next to me and I picked it up and walked with it. I knew the disease could kill me if I didn't act soon. I just needed magic, Just where could I get magic? Then I saw a zombie staring me down. It looked different no glassy eyes and it didn't look soulless, "Hello.... I mean no harm I remember my life unlike other zombies. My name is Maria Reynolds." Said the female zombie, "I am John Laurens I just got bit and my boyfriend and friends kicked me out." She looked sad, "That makes sense. I can help you but it takes about a month to activate though. So, I'll keep you alive for it to work. I made a potion and I tried it on myself but it didn't work correctly and now I remember everything" she explained. I smiled, this was perfect! Now I could get back and be with Lexi.

End of Prologue

Word Count: 852