Chapter two- Anger

A/N: In this chapter when someone is talking and it does something like this, "I hate--" the dashes mean you can't understand what they are saying

One Year Later

Alex's POV

Why is this happening to me? I Don't understand. I got over being sad for a month and now I'm just angry. I'm mad at Lafayette it's all his fault! He didn't save John in time and forced me to throw him out. I paced in my room trying to calm myself down but every time I thought of him the rage would blare up again. I opened my door and grabbed my pocket knife and ran towards Lafayette and pinned him to a wall holding the knife to his throat, "It's all your fault!" I snapped, "It's Your fault John got kicked out it's all your fault!" I yelled. Lafayette with a look of fear on his face said, "H-Hamilton it was the only way. Mon ami, let's not fight what's done is done. He is gone!" "He IS NOT! He is in there somewhere I know it! It doesn't change it's your fault!" I barked, "Hamilton... it is not my fault anyone would have done that to keep them and their friends safe from a zombie when it was Thomas you did the same and I didn't have a reaction like you are! You are getting angry at me for no reason!" Lafayette barked back, "You could have at least been quicker to kill that Zombie on him! It is your fault for everything. YOU kept the Zombie on him for a little too long. YOU convinced me to throw him out. YOU convinced me to go outside and YOU almost shot John! We aren't Friends Lafayette. I hate you" I spat, I then left him to cry as I walked outside with a pistol shooting Zombies when I saw John. He was lifeless and his eyes cloudy. I got a burst of happiness seeing him when I saw that girl next to him trying to pull him away I could slightly understand what she was saying to him, "Cmo- y- killed!" She cut off with words I couldn't understand I went inside and grabbed rope, duct tape and a collar and chain. I ran outside to see John trying to talk to the girl like he had life left I couldn't understand much but I could hear bits and pieces, "Lex- hur----- love---" This was the second time he said something about love around her. He must be in love. I had to tear the two apart. I ran over to them and pinned John down so he couldn't bite me if his instincts came in. I saw sadness but it was like it wasn't there like he couldn't feel it but his eyes expressed it. I duct taped his mouth and then stood him up, "Get away-- him!" The female shouted, "Don't hurt--" "I won't hurt him if that is what you are saying I just want him to get away from you!" I yelled still in my slightly angered state. I tied up his hands and put the collar with the chain on his neck and walked back to our house. I walked in and saw Lafayette still sad, "Hey Laf... I'm sorry... i was just mad." I said. Lafayette sighed slightly happily, "I'm glad I didn't want you to hate me forever. I was trying to fight off the Zombies and it must have bit him at the last second. I nodded and looked back to John and his almost emotionless eyes. I looked back to Lafayette and said, "Hey this might be scary but he's safe I promise." He looked at me confused before I walked in fully with John following. He looked at me in terror, "Hamilton what the fuck!? Have you gone mad?! He could kill us!" I looked to John, "Really? He has duct tape on his mouth and he's tied up he still has emotion. Here I'll show you." I said and took off the tape and he looked up to me his eyes almost fully white he didn't attack he just stared I could see by the look in his eyes he was happy but his happiness was slowly fading because he was losing emotion. I looked at him sadly seeing him fade, "Lex- don't-- sad" He tried saying. Lafayette was surprised at first but went back to a mad expression, "You know he will turn soon right?" I nodded looking at him the anger bubbiling as I wanted to yell at him like before but since he was sad from last time and John was here and I wanted to make him happy for his last moments of memory, "He— Laf—" he tried saying before more of his eyes lost emotion. I covered his mouth in duct tape again out of panic, "Alexander we Can't keep him. Just throw him out again." Lafayette sighed. I looked at Laf angrily, "Let me be with him for a little bit!" Lafayette groaned slamming his head on the table out of being frustrated by me as far as I could tell.

To be Continued

Word Count: 867