Ch. 3 The End of the world (9th) cont.

"What do you think the Doctor's trying to do?" Rose asks me. We are sitting on the ledges again, this time on the same ledge. "I don't know...probably trying to find out who the metal spiders belong to." I say. "The metal spiders?" "Yeah...in that ball thing, there was a metal spider. It started all this crap too." I take out my iPod again, going to netflix. "What are you doing?" She asks as I tap on 'Doctor Who' and skip to the part we are at. Amazingly, I am still not in these episodes, why? I have no idea. "Is that the Doctor? What's he doing?" Rose asks, looking at the moving screen. Darn, I forgot! "Rose. There's something that I have been keeping from you and the Doctor." I say. "But you have to promise you won't tell anybody." She nods. "Okay...right now, there are millions of parallel universes. Every decision we make creates a parallel universe. In my world at home, the Doctor's life is a TV show in the UK. And your his companion. The Doctor crossed over to my universe by accident, in which he proceeded to lock down my school. I remembered about you and told him to go back to London, 2005, and he took me along with him." I say. Her eyes are wide, searching mine. "Your lying." She says slowly. "No, look!" I press the play button, to show the Doctor figuring out that the metal spiders are from Cassandra. I pause it. "See?" "Why aren't we there?" "Because we're in here! But only you." I show her a paused picture on the screen of her sitting alone in the golden room. "Why aren't you there?" She asks. "I don't know...I was just a mistake that got in the way." "So you know everything that's going to happen in the Doctor's future." "Yup." "So why can't you show him, or me some things?" "Because, Rose. If I do, it could rewrite time. I could tear a hole in the universe." "So you could of stopped us from almost dying in here?!" "Well, yes...but then again, I would rewrite time. Rose, you can't tell anybody. Not even Miccy, not even your mom." I say. "Wait, Miccy and my mom are in this too?!" "Occasionally, yes. And judging by the time right now, Jade just died." I say. I press the play button and show where the Doctor is, just stepped through a fan going at 200 miles per hour. 

A sun glare cracks through the window. "Sun sheilds malfunctioning." The computer says. "Rose watch out! Stay exactly where you are!" I yell as the glares hit all around us. One to my left, another to my right. I grab my iPod and bring it close to me, I'm going to need that. I hear some more cracks and Rose and I close our eyes as the computer counts down to Earth's death. Right as it counts down to one, a forcefield envelopes Platform One, making the exoglass repair. "Exoglass repairing, Exoglass repairing." The computer says. Rose and I open our eyes just as the cracks in the window vanish, and we see the fractured remains of home floating by. I hug her, breathing heavily as she hugs me back. I'm guessing she was really relieved to be living too. "Exoglass repaired." The computer says. I smile and then stand up, opening the door with multiple sun ray holes in it, one that went right through the henge, not jammed anymore.

"So much for the loo." She says, laughing. We walk down the same hallways and back into the observation gallery, where The Moxx of Balhoon had got fried by a glare. Darn, I had to ask him more about Bad Wolf. I never really understood that. The Doctor enters and goes over to the other two trees, giving them the news of Jabe's death. "I'm sorry." I hear him whisper faintly. He walks back over to Rose and I. "You alright?" Rose asks. "Yeah, I'm fine." He says. I take his hand and squeeze it, letting him know that it's okay to feel bad once in a while. Or I hope that's the message that got across. "I'm full of ideas, I'm bristling with them. Idea number one, teleportation through five thousand degrees needs some kind of feed. Idea number two, this feed must be hidden nearby." The Doctor rants, going over to the alleged ostrich egg and smashing it open to reveal a small device. "Idea number three, if you're as clever as me, then a teleportation feed can be reversed." He continues, turning a nob. Cassandra appears once more, in mid-sentence. "Oh, you should have seen their little alien faces.....oh." She says, realizing she is back in Platform 1. "The last human." The Doctor says. "So, you passed my little test. Bravo. This makes you eligible to join, er, um, the Human Club." She says, trying to think of a cover up story. No, you have to use Hermits United. I think, giggling at my own joke. "People have died, Cassandra. You murdered them." He continues.  "It depends on your definition of people, and that's enough of a technicality to keep your lawyers dizzy for centuries. Take me to court, then, Doctor, and watch me smile and cry and flutter and..." "And creak?" "And what?" "Creak. You're creaking." "What? Ah! I'm drying out! Oh, sweet heavens. Moisturise me, moisturise me! Where are my surgeons? My lovely boys! It's too hot!" "You raised the temperature." "Have pity! Moisturise me! Oh, oh, Doctor. I'm sorry. I'll do anything." "Help her." Rose whispers to him, being the nice angel she is. Most of the time.  "Everything has its time and everything dies." He says back to her harshly.  "I'm too young!!" Cassandra yells as the thin layer of skin splatters. The little assistants start to clean, cleaning the Face of Boe's glass case, and the bits of skin laying around.

"Shuttles four and six departing. This unit now closing down for maintenance." I hear the computer say overhead as I watch the shuttles depart along the twinkling stars through the window. Only Rose, the Doctor, and I are left in the observation gallery, looking at the asteroids that were once the Earth as they float past the red giant sun. "The end of the Earth. It's gone. We were too busy saving ourselves. No one saw it go. All those years, all that history, and no one was even looking. It's just--" "Rose, look." I show her the explosion on my iPod, she smiles. "Did you get that on camera?" The Doctor asks. "I guess you could say that." I say and Rose and I share a knowing look. "You two, come with me." He says.

He flies the TARDIS back to London, where we hear babies crying, people laughing. We are standing in the middle of teeming people going about their daily lives. I hear someone yell "Big issue! Big issue!" "You think it'll last forever, people and cars and concrete, but it won't. One day it's all gone. Even the sky." The Doctor says. A causual silence filled with thoughts fills the air. "My planet's gone. It's dead." He continues. I look up at him. "It burned like the Earth. It's just rocks and dust before it's time." "What happened?" Rose asks.  "There was a war and we lost." "A war with who? What about your people?" "I'm a TimeLord. I'm the last of the Time Lords. They're all gone. I'm the only survivor. I'm left travelling on my own cuz there's no one else." I hug him tightly to give him comfort. "Well, there's Tayler and I." Rose says. I let go when he begins to talk. "You've seen how dangerous it is. Do you want to go home?" "I don't know." Rose says. "I want..... Oh, can you smell chips?" She says as we all laugh. "Yeah. Yeah." "I want chips." "Me too." I say.

"Right then, before you get me back in that box, chips it is, and you can pay." "He's got no money, Rose." I say. "What sort of date are you? Come on then, tightwad, chips are on me." Rose says, punching him playfully. "Yeah I payed last time. And we've only got five billion years till the shops close." I say as we all walk off to the nearest store happily.

.•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•* .•*