Ch. 6 World War Three (9th) cont.

(3rd person)

The Doctor dashes to Tayler, who is laying passed out on the ground. "I'm sorry." He whispers in her ear. Brushing some of her brown curls from her face, he picks her up and dashes to the door, past the dead bodies. 

The Doctor runs out to find security all gathered in reception. "Oi! You want aliens - you've got them. They're inside Downing Street." He says, then smiles. "Come on!" He yells, then leads them in the direction of the conference room with Tayler in his arms, and the security have their guns at the ready.

He leads them into the meeting room, where the man, who's name is Joseph Green, is making the finishing touches to the former Slitheen, now known as Asquith's skin suit. They both stop abruptly when they see the Doctor and security standing there.

"Where've you been?" Joseph demands as security starts to check the bodies for any sign of life. None. The Doctor looks pissed, but his gaze softens when he looks down at Tayler in his arms, who is softly breathing. "I called for help, I sounded the alarm. There was this... lightening! This kind of er... um... electricity, and they all collapsed!" He continues and starts to glare at the Doctor. "I think they're all dead." Some security dude says.

"That's what I'm saying. He did it!" Joseph says and points at the Doctor. "That man there!" The Doctor glares at him. "I think you will find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise." The Doctor starts, and Joseph folds his arms skeptically. The Doctor looks at the policeman next to him who is looking at Tayler. "That's never going to work, is it?" He continues. "Nope." The policeman says. "Fair enough." He says, and makes a run for it. 

Outside the conference room in the corridor the security are hot on the Doctor's tail, and he soon finds himself surrounded, he starts to grin at this sight. "Under the jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols, I authorize you to execute this man!" Asquith orders and the security ready their guns. "Uh, well, now, yes. You see, eh... the thing is... if I was you, if I was going to execute someone by backing them against the wall, between you and me, little word of advice..." The Doctor starts as the lift behind him pings and opens. "Don't stand them against the lift!" He continues and backs into the lift, closing the door with his sonic screwdriver.

Margaret Slitheen is busy chasing Rose and Harriet, and Rose knees a locked door. The lift pings open, revealing the Doctor and Tayler in his arms. Margaret roars at them, and the Doctor smiles and nods around at them all. "Hello!" The Doctor says pleasantly. The doors shut again, distracting Margaret long enough for Rose and Harriet to slip away un-noticed. The lift pings once more and the Doctor steps out onto the second floor, Tayler still unconscious. He puts her down on a couch and tries to wake her up. He stares at her for a long moment before deciding to slap her. Not in a mean way. He raises his hand. "Please work." The Doctor whispers and shuts his eyes as he slaps her across the face. He recieves a small moan from her. And he sighs a breath of relief.

From a distance, the Sergeant is barking orders. The Doctor pleads her to wake up with his eyes. He paces back and forth in the room, worried. He scans her with his sonic screwdriver, and the statics shows that she's alive, but back unconscious. "What do I do, what do I do?" the Doctor murmurs under his breath.  The sound of the Sergeant's orders are getting closer and closer. In a rush he picks up Tayler again in his arms and runs down a flight of stairs. Suddenly, Tayler's eyes slam open.