The Story of Dress Fittings

“I don't approve."

There is a long silence in the room as a frown takes over Parker's face. I frown to and then I realize where the voice came from and turn to the owner of the voice.

"Harrison! I don't need your approval. I need Daddy's?" I point to my father while scolding Harrison.

"Whoa! I have some say in this! I'm your brother! Dad is old. He doesn't know what he's talking about! No offense Dad," Harrison looks at my Dad who is giving Harrison the stink eye.

"Son, Shut up. And Parker. I guess. I approve. But remember. If you break my baby girl’s heart. I'll break you," my dad threatens.

"I understand, sir. Thank you, sir." Parker rushes.

"Alright, didn’t you want my opinion?" Harrison asks.

"No, he doesn't. Now stop, Harry. “I snap.

"Fine." he throws his hands up in mock defeat.

"I'm going to get the ricotta balls,” I grumble and strut into the kitchen.

I pick up the plates of ricotta balls thankful that they didn't turn to mush and bring them out into the dining room. The rest of the meal is filled with conversation and before I know it Parker has to go home. I walk him to the front door after he says goodbye to my family.

"I had a great time," Parker grins at me.

"Yeah, it was fun," I can't help but grin back at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Parker leans back a tad to look at me.

"I'm not going to school tomorrow," I inform him," I am going dress fitting for Harry's wedding. And then I am getting the cast off."

"Oh, well bye. Have fun, okay?" he kisses my nose.

"Bye, Parker."

~~~

The next day I wake up at 11:30 to go to the dress fitting. Harrison makes breakfast and then Mackie and I head out to the dress boutique for the fitting. Dad went off to work and Harrison didn't want to be stuck with4 bridesmaids and his fiancée so he was watching TV when we left.

When I pull in the parking space I rush Mack to get inside. Lanie greets us.

"Hey, girls! Come on, I have three dresses." she ushers us to a couch and goes into a room. She pulls out three dresses. They are all black and they look stunning. Her wedding theme is black and white so we obviously have black. I look in an empty dressing room and see the usual, mirror, hanger bar thing-a-mabobber and a seat.

"They are all beautiful," I sigh and admire the dresses just as Lanie's maid of honor and other bridesmaid come in.