Chapter 3

"Why doesn't anyone love me?"
Yukie's face falls, her eyes displaying sympathy and concern. "Bokuto, what do you mean? Everybody loves you, I mean, you're a star, you have so many fans that adore you very, very, much. You even have a girlfriend, and you know that she loves you more than anything!"
Bokuto's face is still in a morbid state, despite Yukie's encouragement, "Then, why? Why do I feel like nobody really cares about me?" Yukie holds his hand gently, "Bokuto, you have a concert tomorrow, and, I promise you this, your fans and everybody will be cheering for you, showing that they, really, sincerely, care, love, and adore you, Bokuto. Trust me."
He raises his head, "Really?", eyes shining with hope, his cheerfulness returning and his depressing expression vanishing. Yukie nods, "I assure you." Bokuto springs out of his seat, seizing his sunshade glasses. "Eh?" Yukie glances at his unfinished food, "You didn't eat your muffin!" She exclaims. "Hell, he didn't even pay!" She sighs in exasperation, but laughs at his cheerful attitude, grateful that it had returned.
In Bokuto's haste to return home, he knocks someone over. He quickly halts, and whirls around to apologize to the person he charged into, and the said person is none other than the Akaashi character Yukie had been giggling about. Bokuto fails to form a coherent sentence. "Eh? Oh! Um, I'm really sorry, Akaashi! I should have paid attention..."
"Oh, don't worry, it's nothing." His metal blue eyes displaying kindness but confusion, "Have I seen you before? How do you know my name."
'Ah, crap.' Bokuto curses in his head, "Well, um, Yukie, the one from the bakery you were just in, talked about you. I shouldn't have called you out so familiarly...sorry," looking down at his feet with puppy, or rather owl, eyes.
"No matter," replies Akaashi, "I wouldn't mind if you didn't use honorifics." He stands up, patting the dirt from his trousers. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name," he says.
"Oh, erm, my name's Bokuto Koutarou." Surprise passes Akaashi's dark eyes, "Oh, really? As in, Bokuto, the musical artist?" Bokuto's face displays pleasure and his chest puffs up in pride, just like a java bird, "The one and only!" Akaashi holds out his arm, "Well it was nice to meet you, Bokuto-san." Bokuto, slightly disappointed that he had to end his conversation with the man, takes Akaashi's hand, and shakes it, for an unnecessarily long amount of time, "Uhm..," Bokuto notices the ravenette's uncomfortable expression, hastily lets go of Akaashi's hand. "It was nice meeting you, too, Akaashi."
If Bokuto wasn't already happy, meeting Akaashi makes him overjoyed, for some unknown reason. Well, more like he's just not aware of his feelings.
'He's pretty decent,' Akaashi says to himself after Bokuto walks away with a skip in his step, 'Maybe a little excessive in the volume department.' His face softens and a small smile crosses his face, and it's really amazing, how such a small movement could be such a rare occasion. 'I think I've just been inspired for a new book, thank you, Bokuto-san. You'll be one unique character.'