Chapter 6

Silence- Marshmello and Khalid

The door creaks slightly as Akaashi exits his room and stumbles lazily into the dimly lit living room. He squints at the sun as he opens the curtains, allowing the sun's bright rays to shine throughout his apartment. The exhausted man switches the telly on as he stirs his coffee slowly, watching the foam spin in the mug; Akaashi snaps back to reality, eyes wide at the news headline:
Gun Outbreak During Concert, 1 dead, 9 injured.
He listens further, overcome with worry for someone, and his worry is valid, as it was Bokuto-san's concert, the one the singer was overjoyed to hold. However, Bokuto was not of the injured ones, knowing that, Akaashi feels a slight relief, though he shouldn't because someone had passed during the incident.
The doorbell rings suddenly, causing him to jump, knocking over his coffee, the mug shattering, and light brown liquid dripping on the marble floor.
"Really?" he sighs, walking over to the door, and suddenly a sharp ache flows throughout his heel and foot, groaning, overcome with pain. The suffering man looks down at his foot and discovers the large ceramic shard piercing through his heel, blood oozing, slowly drip-dropping onto the floor, mixing in with the coffee that has long gone cold.
"Sir? Are you alright?" The anxious man at the door asks.
I just got impaled by my goddamn coffee mug, what do you think, boxhead?!
Akaashi holds his breath, a sweat drop—or was it a tear—slides across his pale face as he steadies himself, preparing to go through the immensely painful procedure of removing the bloodied shard from his swollen foot."Sir? Are you OK?" The young man, still behind the door, asks, breaking Akaashi's focus and adding to his suffering.
"Would you call an ambulance, you dickwad, I am dying of blood loss," is what he wants to say, but all that comes out is a pained groan and a gasp as Akaashi finally succeeds to remove the shard.
After 12 alcohol swabs, an entire roll of bandages, and a belt to the mouth to stop the agonized noises, and the mug'sfragments cleared away, everything was dandy, well, more or less.
Before that, the man at the door called the police, thinking that Akaashi was being attacked, but it was all awkward after they had all realized that Akaashi was a clumsy shit—which had offended him quite a great deal—who simply managed to get himself stabbed with a fucking coffee cup, and above all that ruckus, he is almost than late to a meeting with his readers.
As a published author, he is fairly popular, his greatest work being the "Demon Asylum." But thank whatever is out there, he makes it to the meet, slightly limping and grimacing every few seconds. He sits in his place, smiling wide, happy to see his fans, though they weren't much, they were still fans, and he values them as much as they do him.
A young red headed girl with the greenest eyes and the widest smile walks up to him with a sprint in her step, "Um, I am so honoured to meet you, Mr. Akaashi. I've been your biggest fan since the first time you published, and I can see how you've improved from all those years, and I want you to know that you are amazing and thank you for helping me going for all those tough times!" Akaashi grins, "Thank you so much. Though I can't believe people still know my first book, I am still so embarrassed about it."
After all of that, his cheeks hurt from all the grinning and smiling, but he loves it anyway. Though his impish and dimpled grin doesn't last long, for a purring voice calls his name.
"Hiya, Keiji Baby." The nickname makes his blood boil, but being the composed individual he is, Akaashi remains calm.
"...Kuroo-san."