Chapter 7

"Kuroo-san," Akaashi deadpans, that crest-head just had to come when things were going well. The smirking man walks toward his desk, picking up one of Akaashi's recent horror novels, The Hall of the Dishonorable Dead,  Kuroo snorts derisively, "Lame."

Akaashi knows it is, but he didn't admit it to that douchebag, "If you hate it so much, why did you come?" The author inquires calmly. Kuroo raises his hands up in a placating manner, "Come on, don't be like that, I still like you," he says in that annoyingly intense and smooth voice that Akaashi so foolishly fell for long ago.

The past is past, that was years back, he tells himself firmly. Akaashi doesn't even blink at his flirtatious remarks, after a few moments of intimidating silence from the exasperated author, Kuroo sighs, giving in to Akaashi's unfazed reactions. "Alright, alright, I can tell I'm unwanted here, but.." he slips a piece of paper onto the desk, "if you happen to change your mind... I'm free." As he leaves, and the door finally slams shut, he rips up the paper, not even bothering to look at it.

|********************************************************|

Bokuto wakes up to an unfamiliar white ceiling, and the muffled beeping of a monitor, he looks to his left to find an even whiter door, he attempts to sit up straight but the action is halted by a piercing ache at his side, he bites back a howl of pain, clutching the injury. 

A nurse bustles into the room, looking concerned, "Ah, dear me! Bokuto-san, you haven't healed properly yet! You mustn't put a strain on your body!" Bokuto frowns and sits back down, he glances at the young nurse, his intense golden eyes glowing, the nurse flushes and averts his eyes.

"What happened, why am I here?" he asks the attendant firmly, the nurse fidgets under his unmoving gaze, "Ah, well, y-you have a fractured bone in your right rib, and you had to undergo surgery to remove a large piece of shrapnel from your leg, so you--" 

"I mean, what happened during the concert, are the fans okay, where is Chelsea?" he drills the poor nurse with questions, and the nurse shifts, hesitant. "Um, Ms Abel had to leave because of visiting hours," Bokuto eyes widen in alarm, "but she wasn't injured in the...accident," he added hastily.

Though it wasn't really an accident, the person behind the attack had full intentions of starting the uproar, the nurse thinks to himself drearily, "A-and the people were injured, b-but nothing fatal."

Bokuto's expression darkens, an appearance quite rare to the cheerful singer, "What are their names and their hospital numbers? I need to see if they're okay." Bokuto insists, and the nurse blinks in surprise, not expecting that response, did he really love his fans so much that he would go to see them in person. "S-sir, I don't think that's wise, they're asleep, and they need their rest."

Bokuto, however, didn't budge, "Then I'll go in the morning." This person has a lot of surprises up his sleeve, the baffled nurse thinks, half in exasperation, half in admiration.

HIIII, it's been so long since my last (real) update, that's probably because a lot of things happened. I finally got a drawing tablet, ordered Converse in the wrong size, the school year started, I have 3 new cousins, nearly fell off the stairs, read all of Junji Ito's books in one day, but anyway! I will be updating the other chapter next week, maybe earlier, so, uh, sit tight?