Chapter 5

FRND-Sticks and Stones
-
-
A day passes by since the encounter with the quiet individual, Akaashi Keiji. It is the day of the concert, the grandest convention that they had ever held in Bokuto's career. Rather than having nervous and anxious stage nerves, Bokuto is bouncing up and down, like a large hare on steroids. A hand anchors him down, he whips around, slightly, just subtly, hoping it was a certain someone, instead, it is his lover, Chelsea; her face displays exasperation, somewhat like a mother dealing with a hyperactive child.

"Bokuto, calm down. Come on, we've gotta go before the crowd catches up." She states, grabbing her boyfriend by the arm, they half-sprint, half-walk backstage. Chelsea smartens herself, Bokuto attempts to follow suit, but it doesn't do much other than flattening his outfit. Chelsea sighs, and from up front, the audience squeal, yell and wave their arms about.
"What are you waiting for? Get out there!" She half-whispers in impatience and annoyance, she shoves Bokuto up front on the stage, and the audience roars in excitement.
"Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto booms, a grin spread wide, "Who's ready for today-ay!?" Once again, the crowd screams in anticipation, unable to wait for the show to start. The singer taps the microphone once, twice, then the instrumental begins, allowing him to ready himself for a few moments, but before Bokuto had a chance to let out a single vocal, a loud bang! abruptly sounds, interrupting Bokuto and causing distraught and uneasiness among the audience, and not long after, a scream of fright follows through, echoing throughout the stage. The same sound came again, and mayhem and panic spread throughout the area after realizing that had been a gun. Security quickly arrives on the stage, ordering Bokuto and the crowd to evacuate immediately and in an orderly fashion, but when does that ever work out? Pushing, shoving, 'hey-ing', grunts, the complete opposite of orderly, there's no patience or calm, only anxiousness and crisis, but so is a human's nature. As for Bokuto, he is just blankly staring, spaced out, sweaty, and frozen in fright. Abruptly, he blacks out, and the strong arms of the security catch him, and everything that occurs afterwards is unknown to Bokuto.
-Meanwhile-
During the whole unexpected event, the writer, Akaashi Keiji, is fast asleep, oblivious to the mayhem that is currently taking place. A still figure, a chest rising upward and downwards steadily, laying peacefully on the mattress. He had taken these moments of solace for granted a long time ago, during Akaashi's days of grief and gloom, he had hardly slept, overcome with insomnia, tossing and turning, tossing the covers aside and back on the bed, the whole cycle, he'd never started to appreciate a good night's resting until then.
~Timeskip~
More unconscious than asleep, Bokuto lays on his hospital bed, after passing out after being hit  in the previous attack. He has been asleep for quite a few hours and besides him is Chelsea, biting at her perfectly manicured fingernails, a common habit when anxious. The sunlight is peeping through the curtain and the birds are chirping as usual, and a slight breeze in the room, a perfect weather for a not-so-perfect day.

Lol, hiya, Kwesi here. So, today is Sunday, and me, being the idiot I am, forgot to even work on the second chapter of the book I was making, when I promised I would update every Sunday. I've gotten less busy, so...updates! I'm awfully sorry for all the holdup and delay, and this chapter definitely won't cover up for the late updates, so I'll try updating more.