As Happy as Ever

Hello, everyone! Welcome to my sequel of The Summer I Fell in Love! I am very excited to be starting a new story, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the Carraway family. As always, if you like the story, please RATE, REVIEW, and FOLLOW. Enjoy!

Nick's POV:

It was about seven in the morning, on this beautiful day in July of 1927. The birds were chirping outside our bedroom window, and the sun began to shine through the lace curtains. A gentle breeze came through the crack in the windows. A lovely way to start the day, especially with my wife of almost five years by my side. It was around this time five years prior that I began my life with Jordan Elizabeth Baker. That, was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my entire life. She is my other half, my life partner, the love of my life. I looked down and to my left at her sleeping form. This woman was simply ageless, and looked the same as the first time I had ever set eyes on her. She was not only beautiful, but incredibly smart, witty, and the most wonderful mother to our four year old daughter, Catherine.

Our little Kitty Catherine has been growing like a weed. She has grown into quite the charming little girl. She resembled her mother, with her blue grey eyes, and perfect bow tie lips. Her hair color resembled mine, which was a warm, brown tone. She had long ringlets that Jordan often put into ribbons. She was quite honestly the most beautiful little girl that I have ever seen, but I may be slightly biased.

I looked at my bookstand to my right, and saw the piles of work that I had left the night before, and they were still prominent, and needed to be completed. Since leaving my job at Walter Chase's bond company, I have written a total of two novels. They were both doing quite well, and my editor has just recently given me another book deal. I am quite thrilled about it, and being able to pursue my passions and support my family, but writing could be very time consuming. However, I have a supportive family who understands, and for that I am very grateful.

I suddenly felt a movement coming from the other side of the bed. My wife began to stir, and her eyes fluttered open. She turned over on her back, and stretched out her long and graceful arms. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes are tired, but she was still the most beautiful woman on the planet.

A signature Jordan Baker smirk spread across her face as she glanced over to me.

"Good morning, Nicky..." She said with a yawn.

I smiled at her, and placed a kiss to her perfect lips.

"Good Morning, love."

I wrapped my arms around her waist, and her arms tangled themselves around my neck, as she pulled me into a deeper kiss.

Although Jordan and I have been married for a few years now, we never fell out of love. We were well beyond the years of parties and staying up past dawn, but that was okay. Married life is all that and more.

Our kiss deepened, and things were starting to heat up for seven thirty in the the morning. My hands traveled up and down her back as we were pressed up against each other in our bed. However, all of a sudden, Jordan pulled back from our kiss, and began to listen intently at something.

"What's the matter, Jordan?"

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

She lifted her head from her pillow; "I think Catherine's up..."

"Jordie, I don't hear a thing..." I said as I began to kiss her neck.

Jordan's POV

Although our morning in bed was beginning to get romantic and sensual, all I could hear were the footsteps of our little Catherine Jane Carraway.