GOODBYE FOR NOW

Third Person

Mariana stood next to Monse leaning on the cement wall as they looked over into the yard filled with drunk teenagers dancing. The smell of alcohol, weed and sweat filled the air. Ruby and Jamal were looking around the yard nervously as they tried to find Cesar . Mariana fixed her ponytail and pushed back her large glasses. She wasn't paying much attention to anything they were saying, her mind was off in another world.

"Do you see him? I don't see him" Monse said clutching onto Mariana's arm

"Something bad is happening" Jamal said nervously "I can feel it"

"He's fine! You guys are being so over dramatic" Mariana says rolling her eyes as she pulls out her phone that continued buzzing

Alex:
Ask Cesar to walk you home Mariana.

Mariana:
Why? What's going on Alex?

Alex:
I have shit to take care of and I need you at home safe okay? Promise me you'll make him take you home.

Mariana:
I promise.

Alex:
I love you Mariana, I just want you to be safe.

Mariana:
I know. I love you too big bro, stay safe. xx

She stayed on the phone for a bit slightly listening to Jamal explain about a game of kickball, maybe. She was too into the phone to even see Cesar walking up to them. His body slightly pressed onto her as he handed her the large can.

"Only cause I picked the kid with no skills and I'd pick you again" Cesar smiled handing him a can and then distributing the other two to Ruby and Monse.

"This is gonna be us soon. This is high school"

Popping open the cans they took a drink at the same time. Cesar wrapped an arm around Mariana's shoulders making the girl blush a bit as she looked away adjusting her glasses.

"I have to go" She randomly blurt out "I have to finish packing for my trip"

"I still can't believe you're going to Italy for your cousin's wedding" Monse said

"And you are going to writing camp" Mariana winks "Now, off I go"

"Want me to walk you home?" Cesar asked

"No, I think I'll be okay" She smiles

"Your brother texted me and told me to walk you" He smirks "No getting away now Mariana"

She just nods at him and smiles showing off her braces. Cesar was about to tell everyone they were leaving when they spotted Sad Eyes holding Ruby.

"Hey, let him go his mom does your moms taxes Mrs.Guzman right?" Cesar said

Sad eyes nodded leading to Ruby and his nervous rambling, that's when Marians took the chance to dip. She made her way down the street, a gun shot rung in the air making her breath hitch.

"Fuck" She mutters beginning to sprint, Mariana could hear my friends calling out what kind of gun it was. Their voices grew faint as she got farther and farther away from them.