Chapter 1: Arrival

Planet Mobius/Earth, Empire City, Egg Fleet.

In the world of blue and green similar to Earth, lives many people and creature in harmony. People strolling, birds chirping, winds blowing... everything was peaceful, whenever it was nature or technology.

This peaceful event came to an end when an armada of thousands flying battleships cruised through the sky.

All armed with terrifying weapons and armaments as they seemed an unstoppable force.

The largest battleship bore the resemblance of a whale shark with a size of an entire city.

An obese man sat and laughed maniacally as his plan was well made: World domination.

This obese man's main body had a shape of an egg coated with an odd red lab coat and black full pants.

This man, everyone in this world feared has a name: Dr. Eggman.

"Hehehehe hahaha, now with my unstoppable army of battleships and robots, this world is finally mine GAHAHAHAHA!!!" the mad doctor laughed in content.

Unfortunately, this laugh lasted long enough when a loud explosion occurred outside.

At the front deck of the largest ship, flames blazed as high as houses and many debris were turning into molten pulps. The one responsible for the damage was a creature in blue, that stood front of the blazes.

The creature was a short bipedal hedgehog with blue fur, six quills, triangular ears and white gloves and red sneakers. Unlike many anthropomorphic animals in fiction, this blue hedgehog had aerodynamic features, which makes it a powerful speed demon.

"Heh heh~, looks like Eggman gonna party~" The azure rodent smirked as thousands of armed robots and cannons aimed at it.

Eggman commanded his machines to shoot the hedgehog down: "All hands KILL SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, DON'T LET HIM ADVANCE!!!".

All machines discharged their ammunition at the hedgehog, but no avail.

Sonic has reputation and title "Fastest thing alive", and with the combination of super speed, supernatural reflexes, and small size, the bullet's target was nothing but thin air or metal walls.

While closing the distance between him and his foes, Sonic lept into the air and destroyed several robots at long streak. No matter which materials the bots were made of, they all were futile against his "harder than steel" quills.

Eggman had enough. He quickly pressed a button and pulled a lever on the front of the cockpit, indicated he is ready to combat.

Sonic, on the other hand, finished wrecking havoc on board, but he was forced to jump back when a huge battlemech tried to slam its fist on him.

"Well~ looks like Baldy McNosehair wants to play. No problem!" The hedgehog chuckled and charged at the mech with full speed.

The doctor, however, wasn't slow in reaction thanks to the experience in countless battle with his nemesis, so he launched several dozens of missiles and fired two 6 barreled 60 mm gatling guns at the incoming target.

Unfortunately Sonic was too fast and nimble to be hit as he ducked and sidestepped from countless rounds fired by mech.

Seeing this got Eggman extra frustrated, so he tried a different tactic, but that led to his demise: Not only was Sonic too quick, he even exposed its opening causing the hedgehog to attack nonstop.

After delivering last homing attack the battlemech finally exploded. The mad scientist had to escape with his hovering vehicle known as Egg Mobile towards the center of the ship, while the blue speedster gave chase.