Chapter 2: Legendary Magic Beast part 1

In the world of Fantasia, people of different races had lived in their own lifestyles yet interacted with one another. Each individual race had the common special ability: Magic. Magic was a phenomenon that cannot be described by laws of physics, despite being calculatable with basic mathematics. One example of magic will allow you to summon living beings and objects out of nowhere, others will enable manipulation of elements. There existed also a type of magic which enhances ones physical and mental abilities. Magic is also used for teleportation and location. To say it bluntly, you could do anything as long as you have magic. Unfortunately magic did not enter the world without restrictions, as people in Fantasia can perform specific types of magic power. Despite magic could cause changes in reality and other crazy feats, it does not makes user completely invincible. An armed normal man from modern world can kill an experienced mage in Fantasia with little effort.

The most advancing races were humans, elves, dwarves, furries and kemonomimies. Humans from this world were identical to Earth except for hair and eye colors can cover all colors instead of genetic limitations. Elves are same as a human being but longer ears and fragile yet magically stronger due to being descendants of the fairies. Dwarves are midgets with great strength and beast-men are humans with animal parts or completely anthropomorphic and possess high physical speed and strength, but both poses low on magic power.

Normally a person who possessed great magic power was highly respected, those without magic power, fortunately, were not discriminated, thanks to a hero who had brought justice 1000 years ago.

When a person was born or obtained magic power, he or she would be called mages (sorcerer or magician are also in this category). Unfortunately, all mages have set of limitations, no matter how powerful they can get through studying and training, nonetheless the type and attributes of magic power.

These had been standard in Fantasia if it weren't for the existence of magical beasts.

Magic beasts, yes, these extraordinary creatures only exist when an animal or a plant absorbs excess doses of magic power and successfully survive the metamorphosis. Those who do not become horrible monsters who wanted nothing but the destruction of life. Magic beast were treasures of Fantasia that has worth when slain.

Sometimes animals would be gifted with magic power when they were born. These magic beast, however, were far rarer and more powerful than common magic beast as they would accumulate and cultivate magic power from the very beginning. The difference between magic beast and the normal beast was 3 things: overly odd details, huge quantity and quality of magic power and a spirit mark.

Those who slain these beasts would not only receive extraordinary power and skills but also enables them to proceed to even higher levels of power on an unimaginable scale. These people were considered highest rank of the society almost rivaling stature of kings and emperors. But hunting these extraordinary animals has a price unless the fantasians wanted to gamble their own life for power and honor.

Planet Fantasia, Everglow Magic Academy, Jacques' dorm.

"Jacques! Jacques! Wake up! We're getting late!" A robed young man in early twenties busted through the glass door and shook his friend up.

"Just a few extra moments~" Another man named Jacques murmured while sleeping.

"C'mon buddy, do you want a detention for a whole week?" The robed man shook the sleeping one repeatedly.

Jacques slowly opened one of his eyes then closed. "Lucas... it's still early morning... why the hell would you wake me this early? Can't you give me more sleep dammit."

The man named Lucas got his head boiling as his best friend behaved like a log. Then something struck his mind: "Oh Jacques, we are getting a new student here and it's a girl."